.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, June 27, 2011

Electricity gone again!

My friend, Jack, sent me an email this morning asking the name of the campground I stayed in last year in Cody, WY, before heading to Yellowstone.  I don’t remember things like campground names, so I had to check my blog from last year.  I stayed at the Absaroka RV Park.  (Absaroka is Sioux for the Crow Indian Nation)  Once I got started reading that post, I continued on and reread all my posts for my time in and around Yellowstone.  That took up quite a chunk of the day, but I sure enjoyed revisiting my experiences last summer in my mind.  Smile 

Skies were partly cloudy during the afternoon, so Emma and I took a drive to the closest Fish and Wildlife Area.
_MG_2283  The milkweed plants are beginning to come into bloom now.   Did you know that Native Americans used the milky sap from these plants to help remove warts?  I've got one on my finger that I think I'll give it a try on.
_MG_2279_MG_2285
And the insects were having a hay day!  I think those may be stink bugs on the left picture.  Don’t know what the bugs are on the right one.
_MG_2288
I liked this reflection of the sky amongst all the lily pads.  Several folks were fishing, but I haven’t seen anyone catch anything in my two trips to this area.

After our return, Emma and I spent the late afternoon and early evening outside.  I did a little more weed whacking with the whacker that Robyn has loaned me, and I refilled the hummingbird feeder.  
_MG_2292
I also picked some fresh wildflowers for my Wondervase.  I don’t know how the day lilies will do, but I’ll see.  When I came inside to write this post, the electricity went out.  I instantly thought about what happened a couple of weeks ago.  Sad smile  This time, I heard a loud pop just before things went dead.  In a short while I learned that a squirrel had met his demise causing the black out.  I sure don’t think it will effect the population of those rodents around here.  After only 45 minutes, the power was back on.  I’m happy about that.  I wasn’t looking forward to another marathon running of the generator.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy 

21 comments:

  1. As always, your pics are beautiful especially your flower arrangement. Let us know how the milk sap works on the wart.
    Take care and hopes for a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rhino picture. I love going back and reading my blog to find out what we were doing a year or two ago. Thank goodness for the blog because I sure wouldn't remember it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it one of your arch enemies? Or just a regular squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip to Yellowstone was in my mind when we planned our trip! I am jealous that you were able to spend much more time in this area than we were. :)

    Great pictures again today! I'm glad you weren't without electricity for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to go back and read blogs from a year or two ago. I do it quite a bit.

    Absolutely terrific flower pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wild flower bouquet...looks professional! I am fascinated by that Wonder Vase.

    Glad the electricity wasn't out for long

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking back at past blogs is the only way I can remember where we were at any given time. That is partly why I began to blog in the first place, to have a record of where we have been. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto Ditto Janie and John! For several years that was the ONLY reason I blogged, I had no idea anyone else would ever read what I wrote except for an occasional offspring or a friend now and then. Yes, Judy, going back and reminiscing on your own blog is a great way to spend some quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is a great way of keeping records with a little fun mixed in along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was Chief at the Lake, we had a constant problem with squirrels coming into contact with the breakers on the poles.Instant electrocution, but then you would have to wait for the power company truck to come out and fix it, Hope you have better luck. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, very nice flowers. is that a stink bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is as close as I come to writing a diary. It's very helpful to go back and remember what we were up to. And, last Summer was lots of fun, wasn't it? I was just reading about our time in Yellowstone....remembering how we had snow in June. Not this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad the power came on so soon. It was mighty hot down here yesterday. I love that vase and am going to look into getting one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always going back and reading about our past travels ... that's why I started my blogs in the first place ... it's great to take a virtual trip back and relive memories when there are no travel plans in the immediate future :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bouquet of wildflowers..Fresh flowers alway make things more homey...
    Maybe someone should lure a few more squirrels up on a transformer..oops..did I really just say that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love going back and seeing where we were this time of year a year or two ago. It brings back so many great memories. If the weed stuff doesn't work on the wart, Dr. Oz recommended putting a piece of duct tape on it for five days. Do not let sunlight get to it. It will disappear and it works! Glad to hear you feeling better. A

    ReplyDelete
  17. I often look at old blog posts. One of the reasons I started the blog was to be able to remember where we went and what we did. I was never any good at a regular journal, but this I enjoy doing.

    I do not mind occasional power outages, it gives me a reason to run the generator with a real purpose, but I can see where constant failures would be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everyone should blog. It's the electronic version of chatting over the backyard fence, but now the fence can be a thousand miles away.

    Thanks for the great flower pics and the sleeping rhino.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  19. We always go back and read our own blogs, as well as many others when we are looking for places to visit.

    As usual...perfect photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. At first I thought perhaps you, too, had a new species of critter in your neck of the woods, but I see the rhino was snared at a zoo. ;) Okay, what's a Wonder Vase? Just for the record, I fought with my pillow last night. It may be time for a new one.

    ReplyDelete