.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Generating away

Well, the electricity is still off, and I’ve had the generator on for 24 hours.  With temps in the high 80’s again today, I needed the AC, and of course there is the matter of the residential refrigerator.  There are about  100 sites here, and not too many of them have generators it appears.  Those folks that didn’t come out this weekend, but may come out next weekend may be in for a big surprise when they open their fridges.  Sad smile

I have found out that the storm with the high winds yesterday afternoon took out an electrical pole inside the campground boundaries.  Therefore, the electric company is not responsible for it.  The owner is, and if he proves true to his reputation, I’m not sure when it will be fixed.  I would think he would have to do something about it tomorrow.  It also means we have no water.  At least I had a third of a tank of fresh water when I arrived.  So, I’m on water rationing.

I’m thinking tomorrow I had better visit my daughter’s house to do laundry and take a shower!  Of course, because of the pool installation, she doesn’t have AC either, but at least the water is running.  I’m running out of socks.  My plan is to go fairly early in the morning so I can turn the generator off before things heat up too much.  With any luck, things will be fixed by the time I return, but I’m not holding my breathe. 

On another front, I trapped the fat little rodent in the water bay.  I tried resetting the trap in case there is more than one mouse, but it wouldn’t reset.  Guess I need to get a new supply while I’m out tomorrow.  I’m kind of trapped here until the electricity gets fixed, so that’s all that happened today.  I did read an entire chick book today.  Been a long time since I’ve done that.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

19 comments:

  1. I hope your electricity gets fixed tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was caught up with reading and I missed the one about the electricity going out. Maybe you posted after I quit for the night. Luckily, you have a generator and you're close to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well darn! That doesn't sound like any fun. Sure hope the electricity gets fixed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victor is the only brand of trap that you can depend that will work.

    Hope you get electricity service soon otherwise enjoy a cool swim in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez, Judy... maybe you should move up your appointment for the repairs and stay in their lot until your park has electricity again! That was one thing that used to worry me when we traveled with our cats - that we'd go off sightseeing/hiking and the park would lose E on a hot day. An RV sure can heat up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go tell that manager you want your cost pro-rated due to no power -- a few of you do that I bet he gets it fixed sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having water & a generator is a huge plus in a situation like that. We keep water in our rig's fresh water tank & propane plus gas in our other tanks in case of emergencies like that here at home in our sticks & bricks. It has helped us through electricity shortages a couple times now over the years. I think if I were you knowing & I knew I had a difficult person to deal with I would be pulling up stakes & finding me another place right quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound like you're remaining cool, calm and collected. OK, two out of three isn't bad. I'm taking notes, these are things for which I'll need to be prepared.

    Thanks goodness your daughter is close by!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  9. Past time for some good luck. Hope you have electric Monday.
    Just think about the rigs that don't have generators... ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things could get hot and smelly if the juice doesn't get to flowing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness for that generator. But I can't believe he wouldn't be out there getting that electricity fixed as soon as possible. There must be others there that are already complaining to him. Hope tomorrow goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gee, not good, but at least you are getting the hours on your generator to keep it happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just remember that the beauty of RVing is ..if you don't like the neighbors or the situation, you and move on down the road!! That was quite a storm ...Oak Lawn had 110mph straight line winds that pulled huge trees out of the ground!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does your fridge not run on propane? When our electric is off, ours automaticly goes on gas. Hope you get the electirc back on soon. It is only supposed to be in the low 80's here today, with hardly any humidity. Congrats on catching your furry intruder... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank heavens for daughters. I hope you get electricity soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Judy! Guess where we are! Red Rock RV Park on Henry's Lake! We were going north and changed our plans to come here since all the rivers are blown out and unfishable. Just thought I'd let you know since I knew you were here last summer.

    ReplyDelete