.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The summer doldrums

Not much to report for today.  The hords of flies have kept us indoors most of the time, and now that it's getting a little cooler outside, the mosquitoes are descending upon us.  I'm told that this bugginess only lasts a short time.  I hope that's true.  :)

The evil neighbors from California pulled out early this morning.  I was happy about that.  It wasn't long before the next rig pulled in.  I'm hoping they're more reasonable.  I was envious of their satellite dish this afternoon when the park wifi went out again.  Their Verizon Internet shows up on my list of available connections, but of course it is protected. 

My other neighbors, Jackie, Jim, and June, just pulled in from their week long trip up to Glacier NP.  June really liked the trip, but all of them commented on the bumper to bumper traffic in the park.  July seems to be the month to stay away from these big National Parks if you can do it.  They're much less crowded in the shoulder seasons, if snow doesn't close some of the roads.  :)

I'm feeling the first tinges of hitch itch.  I've got three weeks left before I begin to make my way to Malheur NWR in Oregon.  I've been thinking of making some reservations at a couple of Idaho State Parks along my path, but I'm just not sure what will transpire at the dealership in Idaho Falls that will be taking care of a few issues with the rig.  I'm also thinking I'd like to stop at Craters of the Moon National Monument on my way out of Idaho Falls.  I guess I'll have to think a little more.

Well, I need to conjure up an adventure for Emma and myself tomorrow since the weekend is over.  Perhaps we'll do something that doesn't involve hundreds of miles of driving.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see your noisy neighbours left - these ones are bound to be better. We use Verizon when in the US too - its never failed us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate it when folks are rude? Or lack in RV etiquette? I'm glad those neighbors are gone. Hoping the new ones are better.

    Will you and Emma be doing a volunteer job at the NWR in Oregon? Mike and I love volunteering at NWRs. We have found them to be so professional and just plain nice people. Great to work for. Can't say that about state rangers (not so professional).
    Yep...I get that hitch itch thing. It is about to descend upon us.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have better neighbors this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. July does seem to be the busiest month when it comes to national parks and so forth. We have found that to be true in our travels as well.

    Hope your new neighbors are polite and quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're going to get a fresh start with some new neighbors. That's one of the best things about RV living! Neighbors aren't next to you for years :)

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my sticks and bricks neighbor would pack up an leave! She has been a pain for 22 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always happy to see bad neighbors pull out in the morning, what a great feeling!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete