.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I made it!

After waiting until 9:00 for the campground office to open, I was able to get the propane tank filled and hit the road for Anahuac. I drove about 50 miles down I-10 before pulling into a gas station for a fill up. I took on about 55 gallons. Filling up the motorhome usually takes about twenty minutes, and today was no exception.

Then I was back on the road and headed through Houston. There was some construction, but all in all the trip went smoothly until the last 20 or so miles. Then the winds picked up. First, they were head on, and then once I exited at Winnie, TX, they were blasting me from the driver's side. It was pretty white knuckle time the last 45 minutes.

It was apparent when I arrived at the volunteer sites that this area has received plenty of rain recently. There were standing puddles of water, and the two sites I had to choose from were very muddy. These two new RV sites are located right where the former volunteer building was located before hurricane Ike. They have only finished setting up these sites in the last few weeks. It's obvious no one has used them yet, as the gravel hasn't been packed down and clumps of mud and gravel stick to your shoes as you walk around. Yuck!!! I tracked in more mud and gravel onto my rugs just setting up than this rig has ever seen.

On the bright side, I was able to quickly set up the DISH in between rain showers. The forecast for the next week includes the possibility of plenty of rain, so I just may move to a paved site that will become available this coming weekend. I think I might really get fed up with so much mud for ten weeks. ;) We'll see what happens.

I'll meet with Stephanie, the volunteer coordinator, tomorrow afternoon to see what my schedule will be for the next two months. I'm happy to get back to doing something. Two and a half months off was enough.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

1 comment:

  1. With your new font, it sure makes it easier to read to Ma. She can read it better also.

    ReplyDelete