.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The sky is falling!

Remember Henny Penny, Turkey Lurkey, and Foxy Loxy? Well, for the last week I've felt like Henny Penny. If I take Emma for a walk down the road leading to the office, acorns are dropping all around me. So far, I've avoided one falling on my head, but I'm thinking it's just a matter of time. ;)

Yesterday, I did the laundry thing and picked up the thin sliced round steak from Firehouse Meats. I'll be making "birds" soon. Then I spent the afternoon meeting with my financial advisor. She is based in Mankato, MN, and drove out to Rice Lake to meet with me. That took most of the afternoon, but she did report that I should have funds to last me until I'm 92. That's encouraging!

Today was a pretty relaxing day. I picked up my mail and did quite a bit of reading. This evening, my friend, Susan, stopped by and delivered my drapes that she had refurbished. They should be good for another three years. Thanks Susan! I also got a call from the optometrist that my new glasses are in, so I'll be stopping there tomorrow after I take the rig into Rochester to have some warranty work done. I'll be dropping Emma off at my son's house (with a fenced yard) so I can get some errands done without leaving her in the car. The weather continues to be spectacular and I'm really enjoying this visit to Minnesota.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment