.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall is on it's way

One of the reasons for my coming to Rice Lake was to take care of yearly medical checkups. So they began today with a trip to the dentist. I hate going to the dentist. :( Everything thing turned out OK, but these appointments just make me tense.
.
After that, I met my friend Susan (aka: SJ3), in Kasson for lunch. While it was not a memorable meal, we did have a great time catching up. Susan is a seamstress, and I'm hoping will be able to help me solve the issue with my drapes that cover the front windows. Over time, the glide tape that allows me to close the drapes at night has disintegrated and it looks like she will be able to sew new tapes on the drapes for me. That is if I can find enough glide tape for her to do it. I bought two 72" strips last December, but that is not going to be enough. It's one of those specialty RV things.
.
I'm so glad to be up in Minnesota in September. It's been a while since I've been around for what I think is my favorite season...fall.
The leaves are already starting to turn. The maple tree in front of my campsite dropped these.


This is the camphost site I'm in. I set out my hummingbird feeder, and two seed feeders on Monday, and all three of them have been discovered by the birds. Several ruby- throated hummingbirds are fighting over the nectar, and, so far, black-capped chickadees, white-breasted nuthatches, and American goldfinches are taking advantage of the oil seed and white millet.
.
There is a big maple at the front of my site next to the road that I enjoy adding a little humor to.

Did you notice the face?
Once the crowd gets here for the weekend, they will be walking and bicycling up and down this road, and it's fun to see who notices the face on the tree. Most adults chuckle and the kids think it's a hoot! That is, if they notice it. It blends in very nicely and reminds me of the talking trees in the Wizard of Oz.

Last, but not least, is a shot of Emma chewing on a stick (she doesn't let me take pictures of her very often). I'd say it sure beats sucking on a toad!
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy





No comments:

Post a Comment