.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, February 15, 2010

Thar she blows!

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting outside in my rocker enjoying the sun (for a change) and reading a magazine.  Along about three o'clock the wind suddenly blasted out of the northwest catching me by surprise.  That really put my nerves on end as I quickly jumped up to roll up the awning.  A similar gust of wind ripped my awning this summer before I could get it rolled up.  I was lucky yesterday...no rips.  That initial gust turned into high winds for the rest of the day, overnight, and today.  It has been one "whale" of a wind storm.

After spending yesterday relaxing, I got busy today with my chores of cleaning the rig and doing the laundry.  I can't believe the improvement in my Internet reception since I got my new laptop.  I don't think I've ever had such fast reception.  I'm thinking it's a combination of the new computer and taking my son-in-law's advice to go to a Sprint store to have them install my air-card software.  When I plug in the air-card, I get a totally different small window on the screen than before and it says 3G.  I remember being at this same location last year, and it could take up to 30 minutes to upload one picture to the blog.  Now I can upload five pictures in just a few minutes.  I have to say that this has been money well spent!  ;)

There are several games that I enjoy playing on the computer like spider solitaire and scrabble.  A year ago, I purchased a $7.00 game called Flip WORDS2.  It is a word game similar to Wheel of Fortune, where you solve phrases only there is no wheel.  In order to get a letter, you have to form a word beginning with the letter you want from a grid of jumbled letters.  With it installed on my old laptop, I had used up about 60% of the phrases in a year's time.  When I reinstalled it on the new laptop things started over.  That means I'll probably have another two years of playing.  Talk about an entertainment bargain!  Anyway, the game also offers an online version that you can play against others over the airwaves.  I've occasionally tried to sign into the online game, but never had a strong enough connection to be able to play.  So today while the clothes were drying, I gave the online game a try, and wonder of wonders, it worked.  Oh boy, there are players all across the country that play this game, and are they ever fast at finding words!  In no time at all, it seemed, ninety minutes had gone by and I was still enjoying myself.  I'm thinking this could be addicting.  :)  I'll just tell myself that I'm keeping my mind nimble and warding off Alzheimer's!

I must say Happy Birthday to my granddaughter Avery Jade.  She has now embarked on her terrible twos!  If they are terrible, I'll be surprised.  She has been such an easy going baby for my daughter. 

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

1 comment:

  1. Avery has started her terrible two's alright... we had our first "argument" yesterday. She decided to drop her breakfast bowl and spoon on the ground after eating her oatmeal.. I told her she needed to pick it up before she had mango's... she wailed (sp?) and cried and layed on her stomach and everything! She knew exactly what I wanted her to do, but just kept saying "nooooooo mummah".. Luckely I was in a good mood and was only mildly frustrated by this new stage.. we'll see how long my amusment lasts :o)

    ReplyDelete