.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Who knew?

Who would have thought that an innocent sentence I wrote last night could garner such interest?  Quite a few people want to know how I answered the query about my husband.  Sorry folks, but I answered politely without any spirit of malice.  I often receive similar questions.  It has never been my intent in life to be rude or make people uncomfortable.  If nothing else, I am polite.  It was an innocent question as the tire guy struggled to get the lug nut covers off.  I don’t dislike men, but in my present circumstances it is a matter of traveling alone or not traveling at all.  I do not like when men treat me like a bimbo, or use a condescending tone with me.  I don’t know everything, and readily admit those things mechanical that are beyond my realm.  Life is too short to go looking for stress, in my opinion.  I really am an ordinary person trying to enjoy her journey through life.  Enough said about that! Winking smile

 

As I was finishing up reading blogs this morning, I got a call from my daughter, Robyn, asking if she and the ‘girls’ could come for a visit.  Hmmm… spend a good portion of the day with the grands or call the insurance company.  A no brainer, for sure!  I said come on over.

 

When I’m visiting my grandsons in Minnesota, they assume I’ll have marshmallows to roast.  With the girls, they immediately ask for bubbles.  I always have bubbles available, marshmallows not so much.  Smile  I’ve always loved bubbles, so they’ve traveled with me for many years.  I don’t even need grandkids to enjoy them.  A simple pleasure, I guess.  (notice I didn’t add for simple minds)

IMG_1826

Their mom kept them busy a good share of the time they were here chasing after those elusive bubbles before they burst.  That’s Phoebe on the left, Robyn in the middle, and Avery anxious to burst out of her chair for the chase.  I much prefer casual shots of people as opposed to those that are staged.  I think I got a couple of good ones today.

_MG_1836

Sharing… after giving Emma a stick to chew, Avery decided that maybe she really needed that stick.  I was so proud to see Emma calm down enough to allow Avery to be her friend.  She readily let her take the stick away.  Three year olds can only be generous to a point.

_MG_1838

And what about this future ballerina doing her stretches on the RV steps?  Why is it that all little kids just love RV steps?  They must hold some real fascination for them.  I’ll try to call the insurance company tomorrow.  I was too busy enjoying life today.

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

26 comments:

  1. I love bubbles too and always take some for my friends' two little men when I go to visit.

    We should all enjoy life every day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely day spent with lovely young ladies. Great picture of that beauty on your steps, a real doll!

    Paul and Marti R Sanity RV

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute. And Emma was such a good girl. Does she like to chase the bubbles? I think you day was much better spent with such joy rather than dealing with insurance stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girl Emma. I can tell you were proud of her too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoying those precious grands & Emma too is what it's all about -- the ins co will be there when you're ready to talk to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a couple of cuties! That was an easy choice! I'm glad you enjoyed some time with your family.

    And yes, bubbles are important to have available at all times. For me, I don't have any grandkids, yet!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed a day with the grands...they are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls are so cute - all three of them! Good for Emma, being patient with a three year old. It's nice to have a dog that is gentle around grand kids. Katie is good, too, to my relief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture of the "grand" on the step is really great.

    Actually, I did not think you would have let the guy "have it".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those girls are darling! And BTW, I'm a bubbler, too. I used to carry around in my car one of those little bottles like they give out at weddings or parties. I'd stop at lights and blow some bubbles out the window, especially on days when I felt less than joyous. It really lifts the spirits! And you should see what people around you look like when they see bubbles coming from a car!!

    I also get a bit snarly when I'm treated like "a girl." I'm not opposed to the word "girl," just being treated like one! I iz a wuman, fully growed, and edjumacated, and I wanna be treated like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great shots of your beautiful 'girls'!!..love the steps one and the one with Emma!..enjoy your time with them!..they are only little for such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, joy!!! Grandbabies and enjoying life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right, you got some good pictures today. Beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh bubbles! I think they are the happiest thing on earth - you have to smile when there are bubbles around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to see you had the day with your Grandaughters, they look like they sure enjoyed it and Emma too. I prefer my bubbles on top of an amber liquid in a glass. Oh Well. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liked that 'future Ballerina' photo. That one is a keeper for sure & would make a nice framed picture & gift for that little girl & her family some day.
    I totally agree with you on not being rude to people. There is no need for people to be rude, sarcastic, condenscending or demeaning to others whether it be in person, publicly or here in Blog Land.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a better way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is like Oprah says "you are the energy that you put out in the world". You put out good energy, which is why you have so many followers. Your "grands" are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally with Al on this one..The future ballerina should be saved..and then try to catch your other granddaughter in another great candid...Kids, any kids, can put a smile in the air ....

    ReplyDelete
  20. The future ballerina looks a lot like her Grand mother. Adorable little grands. They are so much fun at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great day with your beautiful 'Grands'!! Nice pictures as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so a bubbler too! I'm pretty certain the people living below me are sick of my bubble blowing! LOL
    SD likes it too. (hehe)

    The grands are so cute.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been wondering what to offer our three year old grandniece when she comes to visit later this summer. Now I know. Bubbles, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It took me awhile, but I went back to the middle of April and caught up on the posts you wrote that I haven't read. I'm loving all your pictures and I'm glad you're finally feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your granddaughters are beautiful! When we purchased our current 5th wheel, I had a salesman at a dealer tell me that he'd talk price with me when I brought my husband back with me. Little did he know, that I'm the negotiator in our family. What a dolt. Needless to say, they won't get any of our business ever. I sure hope you have some smooth sailing ahead. Enough of these little problems!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Missed blog reading for a couple of days due to lack of internet but had to go back and comment on your beautiful little grand girls. I agree with the others about the future ballerina photo - that one was especially nice.

    ReplyDelete