.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pillow update, etc..

The night before last, I gave my newly made pillow a try out.  It became evident that two bags of foam was just too much.  In the middle of the night, I got up and switched back to the old worn out one.  Yesterday, I decided to take out some of the shredded foam.  I forgot to mention that when working with this foam that the best thing to do is work outside.  It’s really messy, and if you do it in your rig, it will look like a snow storm has hit.  Smile  Lucky for me, the pillow protectors only came in twos, so I just transferred some of the foam to the extra protector.  It turns out that Robyn’s foam pillow is also on it’s last leg, so she’ll use my extra foam to make a new one for herself.  Last night’s sleeping was better, but I’m thinking I may just have to take out a little more.  I’ll see how it goes tonight.

IMG_2275

I think part of Robyn’s quest to get me to return here next summer was to find a picnic table for me.  The sites here don’t come with tables, and I really like having one.  Well, Robyn’s mother-in-law is a real garage sale type person, and I think Robyn told her to be on the lookout for a picnic table for me.  Yesterday, she found this collapsible table and left it in Robyn’s garage.  This thing all folds up into a suitcase size that is about 4” wide.  When I brought it home yesterday, I unfolded it, and now I have a table.  I believe she paid $5 or less for it, and it will seat 4 adults.  It will get a good test when Pam and Stan come to camp here in about a week and a half.  It should be fine for eating and possible game playing.

IMG_2278 IMG_2276

I picked some wildflowers today, and put them in my Wondervase.  This is a great vase for RV travel.  It is made out of some kind of plastic and is flat in the package.  You fill it with hot water, and shape it the way you want it.  Then dump out the hot water, and fill it with cool water, and it retains the shape you’ve made.  After the cool water, it’s no longer pliable.  For travel, you just fill it again with hot water from the tap and flatten it out.  Cool beans, eh?  I had forgotten that I had this with me until I stopped at Robyn’s the other day, and she had hers on the kitchen counter.

 

Not very exciting stuff today, but that’s the way it goes some days.  More rain is forecast for tomorrow.  Sad smile

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

20 comments:

  1. I have one of those picnic tables, and you will find it very handy.
    But here in TX, I have to have the folding umbrella which is an optional extra, just to have some shade!
    Happy Tails to Emma, and Happy Trails to You. Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, the table and vase are just perfect! What a garage-sale find. I've never seen a vase like that. I like to find used tennis ball cans - they make inexpensive, lightweight, and very portable vases.

    I love the foam pillow project. I cut and pasted your instructions (and the addendum) to add to a helpful hint file I'm keeping.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's funny. I have one of those vases in our RV too. Haven't used it yet, but it's in there waiting for some flowers.
    Neat picnic table, I'm sure you will put that to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had that same picnic table for 7 years...and it has come in really handy...The vase is very cool also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found today's post VERY interesting. I don't have EITHER of those items and they look very handy.

    Nice that you used a zippered case for your new pillow - makes adjustments easy. Reminds me of the three bears..."This pillow is too big....and this pillow is too small... oh well, not exactly how it goes but same principle LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what's really great about your pillow - it's adjustable. We have a picnic set up kind of like that one and it works really good. A little small but we make it do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our friends had a table like that too and we played many a game on it. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you get that pillow formula just right, make sure you write the the correct amount of foam for the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen that kind of vase. Very cool! I can't believe that Robyn's mother-in-law found that nice table for $5--what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that vase is one handy dandy item!!!..what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great table. Is it heavy? Will you leave it at Robyn's house?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your last couple of posts reminded me of a Doris Day movie years ago....Pillow Talk:))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry haven't been able to comment much in the last week due to an intermittent wi-fi problem at Karen & Steve's, and then being on traveling days. Have read your blog though and enjoyed you zoo tour. I good pillow is essential to a good night sleep I have several favorites. Be safe out there, and tell Emma Hi from Rigg's. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen a red table like that...loving it! and just have to get one of those vases...

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have one of those picnic tables ... though ours isn't as colorful. It's great to take anywhere we want ... at the moment it's in one of the storage bays of the motorhome waiting to go out on another trip, but that doesn't look likely anytime soon, so we just might have to bring it back home for day trips with the car.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a green table just like that one. Shannon and Mark bought it for me when we started our traveling adventure. I gave it back to her a couple of years later because it seemed like it was taking up room in the basement, and every where we camped already had picnic tables. My great grandson loves it and at get togethers we use it for all the little ones. I like the red one. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your post was very interesting... Loved the table and the vase. Of course I am loving the pillow saga. :-))))
    Have fun & Travel safe
    Donna

    ps..come on by and become a follower of my new RV Park Review Blog. It is still under construction but I intend to add as many of the parks that we have visited in our 7 years of full timing. Good thing I kept notes...LOL LOL thanks ;-D
    http://www.tassiescampgroundreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Garage sales are the best, what a find. I love the Wondervase and will definitely be getting one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How do people come up with these ideas? And why can't I be one of them! Someone probably made some CASH on both those portable ideas!
    Too cool! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Learn something new everyday!! I love the picnic table...looks like a real good find for only $5.
    I also love the vase!! That is just perfect for travel. Do you remember where you bought it??

    ReplyDelete