.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, June 10, 2011

Mixed weather bag

Wet, dry, sunny, cloudy, muggy, buggy, rainy, thunder, lightening, and windy.  All those things have happened in the last two days.  I start out all bundled up in rain gear, and end up in shorts and a tee shirt.  The weather has pretty much run the gamut.  And there’s more rain expected overnight. 

_MG_1904The squirrels have been happy that I’ve had to clean out the saturated feed in the bottom of the feeders.  Not that they don’t have plenty of acorns to keep them busy.

_MG_1906

This little nuthatch makes many trips each day to the feeder.

_MG_1907 _MG_1908

He’s pretty picky about what seed he wants, and spews his rejects over the side.  That also keeps the squirrels happy.

_MG_1913

The red-headed woodpecker also made a brief appearance this afternoon.  Not much else is happening in my neck of the woods.  I’m almost through with book #1 out of five.  I must say that I’m not used to so much time on my hands.  This will take some time getting used to it.  All of this rain has made the bugs almost unbearable when sitting outside.  Sad smile

 

Tomorrow morning, I’m off to watch Avery at her gymnastics class.  Robyn has asked me to take some pictures.  We’ll see how that goes…

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

16 comments:

  1. Lots of bugs = lots of bug eating birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw my little granddaughter's gymnastics class twice, and didn't get ANY pictures. I was sorry afterward that I didn't bring my camera. I will next time. I'll bet you get some really cute shots! Blog-worthy material for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy the time watching your granddaughter!!..hope you get some great action shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how sweet and innocent looking that little squirrel is!!

    Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your granddaughter doing gymnastics. Have fun!

    I am covered with skeeter bites acquired on our outing this week. YUK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is going around the internet that 'listerine' keeps the mosquitos away, put in a spray bottle and spray around your area, Wonder if it works? It is cheap and environment safe too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you came to where I am it's just gray and cold, gray and cold, gray and cold, with warmth periodically and very little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could use some cool air! Looking forward to pics of your granddgt. Relax & enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have an enjoyable time with your granddaughter and get some good pics at the gym. I love the pic of the Redheaded Woodpecker...they are a rare pic...they don't stay too long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We get to see our granddaughter doing gymnastics next month. It is so fun. You are going to love it. Learning to relax and do "nothing" is really really hard. Especially when you can't be outside because of the weather and bugs. Love the woodpecker. What am I saying - I love all your bird pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the major mosquito repellants has a new gadget out that you can attach to your clothing..suppose to repel the skeeters without slathering that nasty spray stuff..If I were in the woods all summer, I would look into it...
    I love Woodpeckers, unless they are using our house as their pecking tree.
    Have fun at Avery's gymnastic event..and pullllease post some photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bird pictures today. I love the one of the woodpecker. You sound so bored...try this site: www.northernindianagetaways.com, and see if maybe you would want to take some day trips. I really don't know that much about your area, but surely they must have some museums and that type of thing. Good luck on finding something. I can only make it about 3 days without getting out and exploring, or just taking a drive. Stay dry and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics of the birds and squirrels. Have fun at your granddaughter's gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This weather has been crazy, from one extreme to the other. Sorry I didn't have all the photos labeled on my blog, just a little lazy that day, but I went back and got it done. I hope you weather improves soon. Gymnastics class will be fun to watch and I bet she will love having grandma take photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That repellant gadget mentioned above is from Off and it works! I hung one on the arm of a lawn chair on a deck overlooking the St Croix river in Minnesota last summer and it protected both me and my neighbor from the bites of the Minnesota state bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our weather has also been crazy. I am ready for some "normal".

    ReplyDelete