.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Arch Enemy #1!

Most of the squirrels around here are common grey squirrels.  They seem to be satisfied with acorns and the seeds that fall out of the feeders.  However, there is one slightly larger orange/yellow fellow that is determined to eat right from the feeder.

_MG_2040 Jack tells me that this is a fox squirrel.  He is persistent.

_MG_2041  _MG_2042

So far, I’ve been able to holler at him and pound on the side of the RV, and he heads back into the nearest tree to give me the evil eye!  He then decides to move along to other locations…so far.  This may be a battle to the finish.  Angry smile

 

After an overcast morning, the sky cleared, and Emma and I enjoyed a nice long walk around the campground.  It’s been very pleasant the last few days.  No need to turn the AC on.  I start out in jeans, switch to shorts for the afternoon, and then back to sweats for the evening to help ward off the mosquitoes.  I’d be happy if things stayed this way for the whole summer.

_MG_2052

The male robins continue to sing away and defend their territories.

 

When I got back from the repair place, yesterday, I noticed a rather fuzzy covering to what I think may be the radiator for the engine.  This rig is a gas pusher, so the engine is in the back.

IMG_2062

Even though this is on the side of the rig, it looks like a radiator to me.  I don’t know if that’s really what it is, but I decided to try cleaning it with a toothbrush.  It worked rather well to clean off all the dust and stuff that looked like cotton.  Not to worry, that’s not my toothbrush, but the one I keep for overnight visitors.  Smile  (Guess you can figure out that not too many people stay overnight with me.)

 

I got to remembering tonight that I had wanted to make a day trip into Chicago while I was here this summer to visit my high school, the house I grew up in, and a few favorite establishments that I hope are still in business.  Maybe I’ll see if my sister wants to meet me in the city for a stroll back in time.  It’s time to get that on my calendar.

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

21 comments:

  1. happy scrubbing..!..now you know your guests will bring their own toothbrushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rural Indiana photo on your header, Judy. Squirrels are such stinkers! I have been taking photos of them as well, it seems they are showing up on a lot of blogs lately! Have fun in Chicago, it's a great city to visit, for a very short time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so what exactly would be the finish, Judy? got a pellet gun packed away in the rig, do ya? lol that's the KS kind of squirrel, and I totally understand his persistance and have put up with the likes of him for years... so good luck with that!

    I think those are called the air intake vents...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels are very pesty creatures, and they do not give up on something they want.
    Going back "home" is always good and to touch base with things of the past is part of what made you YOU. Hope you enjoy your time there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squirrels are rats with fuzzy tails that can climb trees!

    Good luck in the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pesky squirrel sure is cute! Have you tried spraying diluted Listerine around your doorway and the outside of your RV? I've read about that remedy on the internet but haven't heard how well it works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your header photo. It's absolutely gorgeous. I take pictures of squirrels too. Well, squirrels and just about everything else too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are right about the radiator. Some DP's do have side radiators and it is supposed to be better to keep them clean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are always the BEST!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck with the al Qaeda squirrel...You might need the Navy Seals :-) That trip to Chicago would be a great idea...Keep in mind the traffic is horrible..and if you need to park in the city, the price is pretty high now. But a trip through time would be a wonderful idea for you and your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only feeders I have are for hummingbirds and so the squirrels and I have no arguments. You must admit, he is kind of cute, sitting there giving you the evil eye. That would be a neat thing to do - take a trip down memory lane with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures of the fox squirrels is adorable. Like the robin too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy - That looks like the condenser on your basement air. If it's on the curb side, that's it. Paul just cleaned a bunch of cottonwood fuzz off of ours the other day. Sure beats having to climb up on the roof, remove a cover and do the dirty work. Looks like you did a dandy job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy messing with the squirrels brain. Save that toothbrush for company you want might like to see leave quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The squirrels NEVER give up, but they may try to make you think they have. I've had them hang on my hummingbird feeder also. They will always win in the end, because no matter how scientists try to correlate brain size to intelligence, those little rats with bushy tails are smarter than humans!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm impressed that you have company that needs a toothbrush. ;c)

    That raditor looking thing is indeed your basement air conditioner condenser that transfers heat from inside your MH to the outside (where it belongs, at least in the summer). You done good to clean it off.

    Paul and Marti R Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! And at first I thought the photo indicated the toothbrush was stuck on the grill/radiator/whatever. But then, it doesn't look really fuzzy enough . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The rest of that squirrel's family are in my backyard. I'll send them down to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've missed your pics and adventures...Time to climb back on board. We're in Iowa right now, near the Missouri River flooding and there are mosquitoes the size of quarters here! Might have to get me some pet bats!
    Kathy
    seashellsandoveralls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Squirrels finally broke down my boot tray guard on the larger feeding station. In the end there is just no winning when one is dealing with these wily persistent & pesky Squirrels:((

    ReplyDelete
  21. As cute as they are those squirrels are pesky little creatures and bug me something fearse!
    Alwasy in my bird feeders!!!
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete