.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, March 8, 2010

The beauty of plans made in Jello

There was a comment on the blog today from my friend, Mrs. J., asking when I was going to do the breeding bird survey in Minnesota this summer.  Sorry Susan, I guess I won't be doing that this year.  After thinking it over, I came to the conclusion that I lived in Minnesota for about fifteen years, and there are other places in this country that I want to experience.  You never know how much time you have, so I'll be heading for Yellowstone country.  Therein lies the beauty of being able to move my home where ever the mood takes me.  :)

I tried calling the Klamath Wildlife Area in Oregon again today with no luck.  I left another message after inquiring if the volunteer coordinator ever listened to his messages.  :(  I guess if he never calls back, I'll just have to wander out west all summer.  I can deal with that!  I kind of enjoyed last fall when I didn't have any commitments and just took my time enjoying Colorado and New Mexico.  Since I've adjusted to my income from Social Security and my couple of small pensions, that just may be the ticket for me this summer.

The thunder is rumbling away right now as I write.  It's been a while since I've been in a thunder storm.  I do like the power of nature, as long as it doesn't hurt my rig!  :)

I worked in the office this morning helping Peggy get everything ready for our first education program tomorrow.  I think we'll have over a hundred fifth graders descending on Doeskin Ranch in the morning for our Bridges to Birding Program.  I'll be manning the bird banding station with some help from a local volunteer.  It should be fun, but exhausting!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment