.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday is chore day

Yep, once a week I try to cram all my chores into one day.  Today was the day.  I threw a load of laundry into the washer as I headed out for groceries.  I decided to drive to Beaumont, TX, today to the HEB store.  The two big grocery chains in this neck of the woods are Kroger and HEB.  I like HEB.  The Market Basket store in Winnie is a lot closer, but they just don't have the selection that HEB does, and their prices are higher.  I filled my three re-usable bags to the brim, so I'm set for a while.  I also like HEB because today I could buy two nice pork chops instead of a family sized package.  I don't have room for six pork chops in the little freezer compartment if I want to have a variety of frozen protein.

Next was the hardware store in Winnie.  I wanted to replace the nozzle on my kitchen faucet.  For almost five years I've had one of those swivel things where you have a choice of a steady flow or a spray.  I almost exclusively use the spray, but lately when I turn on the water, it sprays all over the counter.  I've tried cleaning it, but to no avail.  When I got home, I replaced the old one so now I won't have to wear a raincoat when I do the dishes.  ;)

About the only exciting thing that happened today was when Stephanie stopped over at the RV pads this afternoon.  She wanted to let me know that we would be doing some more salinity tests on Thursday or Friday.  The exciting part is that the water control structures where we will be testing can not be reached by car.  We'll be taking the air boat to cruise over the marsh.  A ride through the marsh on an air boat is one of my favorite things.  Yahoo!!!

Do any of you remember the TV mini-series from the 70's called Centennial?  It was based on a book of the same name by Michener.  I enjoyed when it first aired, and decided to watch it again using my Netflix account.  I've finished with five disks so far and am waiting for the last disk to arrive.  There were so many big name stars in this mini-series.  I'm really enjoying it.  Remember Clay Basket, Pasquinal, Levi Zendt, Brumbaugh, and the others?  What a great story.  It's no wonder that it was recommended by the National Education Association.

Maybe tomorrow for excitement I'll clean the community building, or start the massive laminating job that is awaiting me. LOL

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

1 comment:

  1. I think Tuesday must be a day off for most volunteers. I too got my laundry and grocery shopping done, plus a few other little things. Tomorrow will be "get another tank of propane day".

    ReplyDelete