.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

That's more like it!


Today dawned bright and promising over the marsh with just a little low fog.  Temps were in the lower 30's, but soon soared to the low 60's by the afternoon.  Now that's more like what I signed up for!  :)  What a beautiful day it was today.  I took Emma on a couple mile walk this morning before I returned to the rig to take care of domestic chores like laundry.
                                   
Of course, the warmer temperatures brought out many insects.  Isn't this an interesting looking specimen?  I wonder what purpose those arrow shaped sections have on it's hind legs.  Remember, you know it's an insect because it has six legs and a head, thorax, and abdomen.  Can you tell I've been working on the education programs???

A reader recently commented that I haven't posted much about Emma lately, so........


here's a not very good picture of her enjoying a good run off leash around the RV compound.  I wish I could harness that energy! (actually she is usually harnessed on the leash, but her energy doesn't seem to transfer up to me)

After covering about a half mile in circles at full tilt, her nose brought her to a stop amongst some of the debris left from the hurricane where the barn used to be.  I'm sure there are some tell tale olfactory remnants there from our abundant rodent population.  It was a glorious day for a romp.

Do you know how day after day your hair is just fine, and then one day you wake up and it's obvious that it's time for a cut?  Well, today was that day for me.  So, tomorrow I'll be looking to get my hair cut.  I'll try at the hairdressers in Winnie, but I don't know if they take walk ups.  If they don't, it looks like a trip to Walmart in Beaumont will be in order.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy 

1 comment:

  1. Judy,
    That insect looks suspiciously like it belongs in the Family Reduviadae (check my sp.) AKA as an Assassin Bug. Can inflict a nasty bite if provoked. Are you familiar with them?
    Emma looks good!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete