.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, January 29, 2010

It's been a long time...

since I spent a whole day with two children under the age of two.  Let me see....about 35 years, as near as I can figure.  It won't come as a surprise that I was much younger then, and didn't think a thing about it.  ;)  It's also not like I was alone with my two granddaughters, Avery and Phoebe; their mother, Robyn, was there the whole time.  It brought back memories of utter exhaustion.  With Avery, almost two, and Phoebe, five months old, there isn't much time for rest or relaxation for a mother.  I just helped out today, but I can tell you that I'm bushed!

It was a great day, though.  Avery is a very busy chatter mouth (half of which is spoken in a language only her mother understands).  Phoebe is a chubby-cheeked, blue-eyed cherub with big toothless grins and feet that never stop moving.  Keeping socks on her feet is a real challenge in this sub-freezing weather.

We did all venture out into the cold today to go to the local Jewel Tea grocery store for supplies for the coming weekend.  Tomorrow, my oldest son, Daniel, and his wife, Crystal, will be flying in from Denver.  Then in the evening, my youngest son, Andy, his wife, Kelly, and their two sons, Joseph and Seth, will drive in from Minnesota.  I will make the most of having my family around me as we say goodbye to the oldest member. What a houseful there will be for the next two days!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment