.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Some days are diamonds, others are stone...#2

This was pretty much a "stone" day. In no time at all it was 95* today with very muggy conditions. The heat index was 111* and it was suggested that you stay indoors in air conditioning if you could. I did! The AC didn't quite keep up with the outside temps, but it was sure better than being outside.

.
This morning, I decided to subscribe to Sirius satellite radio in my car. I've had a six month free trial, and I really enjoyed it. They had sent me a letter with an offer for reduced rates, so I called and signed up. This evening, I checked my bank account and found they had charged me more than the quoted price in the letter. I then called customer service to inquire about this and was told it was because of taxes. The letter I received said all taxes were included. Granted, this is only a matter of $16 over two years, but it kind of got to me. So, I asked to speak to a supervisor, with the same results. I will now endeavor to correspond with corporate headquarters as I think this is false advertising.


.
After that little episode, I went outside to sit with Emma in the steamy 90* heat so she could get some outside time. We had pretty much been inside all day and we both had a little cabin fever. I dug out a small fan from storage and turned it on to provide a tiny bit of relief. As I was sitting there, I noticed a spot on my finger that didn't rub off. I went inside to get my glasses, and this is what I discovered:


Yuck!! A tick was determined to attach itself to my finger. I got that bugger off and went back outside.

.
As I got comfortable in my rocker, the wind (which had been nonexistent) very suddenly really picked up. I literally jumped out of my chair and began to take the awning down. It was a real struggle, and before I could get it folded up, a four foot section ripped away from the front. I got it up the best I could, grabbed Emma, and headed inside. The weather radio said there was a strong fifty mph wind gust moving through...don't I know it! I pulled in the slides before damage was done to my slide covers, and Emma and I sat out the winds and ensuing lightning, thunder, and downpour inside. I can tell you I was shaking like a leaf while bringing in the awning! I'm glad it didn't totally rip off! I've never been in a situation like that where the skies were sunny with no wind and then suddenly whipped up so strongly.
.
That severe weather cell has passed through and I have now put my slides back out. There are still a few showers, but I think I'll be okay for the rest of the night. What a day...........

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment