.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, February 19, 2009

More BS.......(bird surveys)

It dawned a little chilly this morning, so I turned on the furnace. After about an hour, I noticed that when the furnace turned on it didn't seem like much warm air was blowing through the vents. However, the thermostat showed the temperature rising and the furnace would shut off. Seems odd to me, but I'll check it out again tomorrow morning since temps tonight are supposed to get down into the thirties. I hope it was just a figment of my imagination. :)

After a slow start this morning, I headed for Warbler Vista to do the bird surveys for Cactus Rock and the Ridge Trails. Not much birdlife was evident, but I did hear a new bird for me for this refuge: the spotted towhee. It was not terribly exciting, but the three mile hike did me good. When I got back to headquarters, I birded the Post Oak Creek Trail and results were similar to last week; more birds along this half mile trail than at either of the other trails. Of course there is water along this trail and that makes a difference during these severe drought conditions.

After lunch, Emma and I spent a leisurely afternoon. I did some computer surfing and worked on another walking stick while Emma patrolled our front yard. I also tried to make some guacamole for the first time. It was okay, but nothing to write home about.

It was a nice sunny day, but the temps were twenty degrees colder than yesterday....no shorts today!

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment