.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A blast from the past


Well, it's now Saturday night, and I can't say I did much of anything important yesterday. Emma and I went on several walks, and I played on the computer, washed some windows, and hooked up a second hose to the water outlet. In the late afternoon, I headed out for the home of Dub and Ruth Lyon, some local volunteers, who had invited all the present volunteers for dinner. What a nice home they have in the hills about four miles from here. The food and conversation were enjoyable and we were treated to a visit by a gray fox as I got ready to leave. A couple of foxes come by every evening for handouts.

After lunch today, I hopped in the car and turned on Cow Creek Road on my way to visit the Flying X Ranch where the other volunteers have sites. The road is aptly named.
Everyone was out for the afternoon, so I just looked around the ranch house that is there and left.

I stopped briefly at Doeskin Ranch on the way. Both of these former ranches are now part of the refuge. I will return to Doeskin again to do the trails.

On the way back, I stopped at the Ace hardware store in Lago Vista to purchase a bird feeder and birdseed to put up at my site. After returning, I hooked Emma up outside, sat down in my rocker and put a Peter, Paul, & Mary CD in my outside player. Since I am the only one on this hill for the present, I could sing along to my heart's content and really enjoyed this blast from the past. There are no vocal critics up here and Emma was an enthusiastic audience! WE SHALL OVERCOME, THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND, and IF I HAD A HAMMER!! We ended with GOODNIGHT IRENE. Enough said....
.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment