Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, October 2, 2009

Time to blow this popsicle stand!

I think I'll finally be able to leave Avoca, IA, tomorrow. Tonight will make three nights of weathering rain and wind gusts up to 50 mph! The first night I was here, the wind took hold of my door and whipped it into the door of the storage area I had open, which resulted in a break in the fiberglass door lining. I'm not sure what to do about that. It didn't poke all the way through, but I don't know how to repair fiberglass.

Sitting here puts me a few days behind my intended schedule, but after getting blown off of the road in New Mexico back in '08, I'm very leery of high wind gusts. I'm amazed at the number of RVs that travel under these extreme wind conditions.

On the bright side, this is a Passport America campground, and I have water and electric for $13/night. I tried the restaurant on the campground the first night, but it's a little too greasy for more than one meal.

I'm hoping to make a sizable dent in getting across Nebraska tomorrow. Apparently there is another storm front approaching, so I want to "make hay while the sun shines." I sure wish I'd get a tail wind for a change. ;)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy


  1. If there's any chance of water getting into the broken door, put duct tape over the damage, or anything to keep the water out. Then get it checked out and repaired as soon as possible.


  2. Jim, Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll put a blob of silicone over the crack (doesn't look as ugly as duct tape) until I can get it looked at. There's no rain in the forecast for tonight.