.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, October 9, 2009

The sun returned

I appear to be having difficulties with moving the pictures around in the post again, so I'll talk about the last picture first. Since the sun warmed and brightened things up today, Emma and I took a drive around the park. The body of water is the Cherry Creek Reservoir with Denver and the snow covered mountains in the distance.
.
It's a good thing that I unhooked the water hose yesterday, because the left over water in the hose froze. This afternoon, I reattached the hose long enough to about fill my fresh water tank. I then detached it again and stowed it away. The temps tonight are supposed to drop to 17*, and the next night won't be much warmer! Coiling up an ice cold hose is a real challenge, so I accomplished that while the temps got into the 50's this afternoon.

You can see how spacious the sites are at this state park. Way in the background are the Rocky Mountains.
.
Shortly after noon, Dan and Crystal picked me up and we headed for Red Lobster to enjoy the all you can eat shrimpfest. It was a tasty meal. Dan will be coming over here tomorrow to work on a few of my computer questions.
.
As nightfall approaches, I'll be closing all the shades and drapes to try to help further insulate the rig against the bitter temps tonight. Then I'll bundle up on the couch in the blanket my daughter made for me and spend the evening watching the tube.
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment