.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A couple of hours of sun!

It lightly rained most of the morning, much to my chagrin. ;( I was really getting tired of the rain and cold temperatures. Then around four o'clock the sun burst through and I dragged my rocker out of storage and enjoyed a few hours outside. I worked on a couple of walking sticks that had been out in the rain for the last five days, and it seemed easier to get the bark off of the soaked sticks.

Earlier in the afternoon, Emma and I went for a walk and I unclipped her from her leash. She was ecstatic! She ran and ran and ran. This was the third day in a row that I let her loose. She is a young, energetic dog, and it is a joy to see her expend all that pent up energy. After about a half hour, she is ready to come back and peacefully walk with me back to the motorhome.

Along about 7:00, Diana and John returned from their five day trip to Houston to watch their son, Austin, compete in a national collegiate swim meet. They brought their boat back with them to use on the nearby lakes. They were as happy as I to see the sun shining and the promise of warmer days ahead.

I've stayed pretty close to home the last five days, so tomorrow I've plans to go to Marble Falls for some shopping. I'm thinking of talking to the folks at Lowe's about replacing my day/night shades with blinds. I may also buy a new grill since the one I have doesn't seem to even cook hotdogs in less than an hour.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment