.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A weather event????


When I woke up this morning, I lifted the shade and this is what I saw out my window.  What's up with this?  Snow in Austin, TX???  Sure enough!  After temps in the upper 70's on Sunday, the roller coaster headed down to the 30's this morning.  Didn't I leave Minnesota to avoid this white stuff?

According to the evening news, this snowstorm (which anyone in Minnesota would ignore) is the worst since 1985.  I guess it's a weather event for sure around here.  The birds sure hit the feeders early...

and this cardinal surely must be wondering what's going on.

I headed in to work at the office.  We spent the morning getting the van loaded up with all the education program supplies that we'll need on Thursday for the training session.  Since I have the van, I'll drive them up to the Flying X tomorrow morning, and we'll get everything set up.  The few volunteers that were working, headed home for lunch with no thoughts to return for the afternoon.  Coming from the north, it's amazing to me how a little snow can shut things down in the south.

After lunch, I decided to talk Emma for a run and see what photo opportunities might present themselves.  Snow is such a rarity here I felt I had to record it.  :)


To say Emma was excited is an understatement.  This is only the second time in her life that she has seen snow, and it affected her in the same way that a sandy beach does....she went berserk!  See her ears flying in the air as she sped down the trail?  She was in heaven.


I decided to duplicate some of the pictures that I posted a few days ago when it was sunny and warm.

A little different take on this old corral.

Emma coursing down the old rock fence line.  She didn't find any treasures to bring home today, but I'm sure she covered about a five mile run before I called her in back to the leash.  I have to admit that it was a little surprising to me that she actually obeyed,,, eventually.  :)  :(   She's not perfect....yet.


A rear view to our site as we returned home.  I refilled the bird feeders, and we headed inside for the remainder of the afternoon while flurries continued.


I couldn't resist.  :)

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment