.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, February 19, 2010

Emma's treasure and signs of spring

Since I didn't have to work today, Emma and I headed off for a nice hike in the hills.  I have been allowing her off leash occasionally so that she can burn up some of that never ending energy.  On the way back to the rig, she was the leader and had found a treasure to bring back home.


She found this shed deer antler and proudly carried it all the way home.  Last year we found a feral hog skull; this year it's an antler.  I wonder if she'll find the other antler the next time, or maybe it has been consumed by a porcupine.

I've been noticing some signs of spring's approach this past week.

Notice the cardinal, and notice the van.  The parking lot has turned into a gladiator's arena.  Kind of like David and Goliath!


It's the great springtime battle of the cardinal vs. the mirrors!  Last year, we had to finally cover the mirrors with bags so the cardinal wouldn't knock himself out.  He also leaves quite a mess on the mirrors and windows.

On a less violent note........


the wildflowers are beginning to bloom.

I think these are just color variations of the same flower.  I'll have to check with Chuck, the biologist next week.

I, for one, am happy to see these signs appear.  I've had enough of winter for this year.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for Emma to find the antler. My Lady would be in heaven to be off leash again. I'm glad there are signs of spring somewhere, and I only have a few more days for one of the gators to show himself before I leave.

    ReplyDelete