.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Potluck

It was  a chilly and overcast day all day today.  By late afternoon, the light drizzle began.  Best thing to happen today was the potluck up at the Flying X.  We all gathered shortly before 4:00 to finish off the cooking.  There is a full kitchen at the ranch house.  There were 11 of us volunteers altogether which meant a real overabundance of good food.  :)  There were salads, three or fours deserts, a baked ham, scalloped potatoes, rolls, garlic bread, and most importantly, to me, the lasagna.  As usual, we all ate too much.  I headed back to the rig while everyone else settled in to watch the Super Bowl. 

I'm not unsociable, but it was almost dark out with fog moving in.  I prefer not to drive at night, so I boogied on down the road.

I spent most of the day fine tuning and enjoying the new laptop.  I was able to Skype my son, Dan, and he helped me download an office program.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to open it.  It doesn't seem to want to cooperate.  I did get the Google toolbar up and running, so now I have spell check back in operation.

It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so I guess it will be laundry and household chores for me once again.  Ho hum.........

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment