.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Are you a creature of habit?

Oh boy, today showed me that I'm sure a creature of habit.  It started with my usual routine of getting up; briefly making a stop in the bathroom, tossing on a pair of sweats and sweatshirt, and taking Emma for her first outs.  As usual, it was before official sunrise.  Back at the RV, I fed Emma, turned on the TV, opened the curtains around the windshield area, and headed back to the bathroom to brush my teeth, make the bed, and get dressed.  I then fixed a bowl of cereal, checked my email and favorite blogs, and got the latest news from the Today Show. 

That has been my morning ritual since Emma joined me two years ago.  This afternoon, I took Emma to the vet's in Lago Vista.  She will be staying there for the next week as I make my journey to Chicago.  While at the kennel, she will be getting this year's round of shots, a bath, and a pedicure.  A little vacation for her while I take care of sad business.  The dog runs are spacious, and she will have excersize each day in a large fenced yard.  What more could a girl ask for?

After dropping Emma off, I headed for the nearest Walmart in Cedar Park to purchase a suitcase.  When I hit the road fulltime, I didn't think I'd be needing a suitcase, so I got rid of those I had.  I've decided I can always use it as a storage container for extra towels and sheets and keep it under my bed when I return.  That way I'll be prepared when I decide I need a quick grandkid fix in the future.  :)

So, back to the original topic; I found myself gearing some of my activities as if Emma were still here.  Did she need a walk? Was it time for her evening meal?..etc, etc.  WOW, she has certainly become a part of my life.  She's great company for me, but I think this will be a welcome respite from those responsibilities.

I accidentally hit some eroneous keys on the laptop a few minutes ago and it boogered up what I usually see on my screen.  Some of the stuff at the top of the screen has disappeared and I don't know how to get it back...including spell check.  So, if there are any typos, I'm sorry about that.  It's a good thing I'll be visiting Robyn tomorrow.  I'm sure she or Dennis can get me back to where I was.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later,  Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment