.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

I saw my first painted bunting of the season yesterday near headquarters, and then this morning I looked out at the tree with my bird feeders and found another one there. I jumped up to get my camera and was able to get a few shots before he moved on. I'm going to try uploading in the afternoon as opposed to the evening and see if that makes any difference.



It didn't make any difference, and it's now Friday afternoon. My guess is we have had a couple of inches of rain so far today. It's certainly needed, but does make for a rather dull day. I've stayed inside the RV instead of going to town for groceries because of the predicted possibility of severe thunderstorms including more hail. I did pull in the slide-outs this morning just before one of the downpours that had some hail. I also parked the car under the ranch house carport. Just precautions, but I feel better about it.

The painted bunting has been hanging around the tree with my feeders in it and has been joined by a number of Indigo buntings along with the cardinals, pine siskins, lesser goldfinches, lark sparrows, Lincoln's sparrows, white-crowned sparrows, field sparrows, clay-colored sparrows, and the occasional savannah sparrow. The black-chinned hummingbirds have really made use of the feeders as well. Any port in a storm???? For those readers that aren't into birds.... you ought to be! ;)


Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

P.S. PetDoc, I tried to email you, but it kept coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment