.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back to the Flying X

Yesterday morning, we headed out at 8:00 to be sure we got to the bakery before everything sold out for the day. I purchased a sausage kolache (sweet bread wrapped around a sausage), a cheese Danish, and a fresh loaf of white bread. It really smelled like a bakery as we approached and a line was beginning to form behind us.

I then drove about nineteen miles to the Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. The weatherman was incorrect in his forecast, and as a result John and I were not properly dressed to take the hike to the top of the rock. It was very windy and down right cold. We headed back to Fredricksburg, went to the visitor's center, and then decided to walk the western part of main street. We stopped for lunch along the way and then returned to the campground. I think we were kind of worn out tourists, so we just relaxed for the afternoon.

This morning, we were on the road a little before ten, and headed back to Balcones. I stopped in Marble Falls to fill the propane tank and drove up the steep skinny driveway to the Flying X volunteer sites. All in all, it took me about three hours to totally set up camp. One good thing was that the DISH cooperated and I had almost immediate reception! :)

The views from my campsite are wonderful. At the site behind headquarters, most of the horizon contained dead trees. At the Flying X, the sites are on the top of the hill and you can see miles of the hill country. Of course, the wind is something to contend with up here, but I think I'll enjoy this location. I've been trying to upload some picture, but haven't had much luck. I'll try a few more times....

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment