.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, September 28, 2009

Holy Mackeral!!! What a wind!

When I woke up this morning, I looked outside and saw the trees bending back and forth. I took Emma for her first outs, and was nearly blown away. It turns out, this area was under a high wind advisory, and for a change, the weather people knew what they were talking about. There was no way I was going to try to drive this rig down the interstate. So, around 11:00, I went to the grocery store to get some milk, and stopped at the check-in station to pay for another night's lodging.

The constant wind has been about 30 mph with gusts greater than 50! At one point, a dead branch landed on my roof and made both Emma and me jump. The sound of anything landing on the roof of the RV is exaggerated, and we have become accustomed to the rifle shots of landing acorns. However, a large branch sounds like we've been hit by a bomb!

We ventured out a half dozen times for good walks today, but really had to bundle up. Then, about 7:30, as I was settling in to watch the new PBS series on our National Parks, the electricity went out. My battery power on the laptop will last about 45 minutes, so I'll do this post and then read a book or something.

I'm hoping the winds calm down so I can head out of here tomorrow....

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment