.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Phoebe Jo has arrived!

The most important news of the day is that my fourth grandchild has arrived! Phoebe Jo arrived at 7:41 this morning (7 lbs. 4 oz. and 20").

One of the most amazing things is all that dark hair! All of my kids and Robyn's first daughter came out close to bald and were blondes when they were young. I can't wait to see this latest addition next month!

.

After that early morning excitement, Pam, Stan, and I headed out to Hannibal to do a little sightseeing. The weather forecast for the day was for heavy rains, so we did the Mark Twain museum (indoor) tour. Then we headed for lunch at a place with home made root beer. Lunch was very tasty and a great shelter while the rain poured down.

.

By the time we got back to the rigs, the skies had cleared and it was my turn to provide dinner. After some challenges getting the campfire to light, I cooked a shrimp dinner over the fire. The three of us spent an enjoyable evening chatting around the fire afterwards, before the predicted further rains began.

.

The forecast for tomorrow seems better, so we'll go back to Hannibal and plan to take a riverboat ride on the Mississippi. I hope the weather improves so we can do this.

.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment