.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, June 12, 2009

A calm day

Not much happened today other than the fact that it didn't rain, which is notable. :) In the afternoon, the YCC kids dropped off a load of wood for my fire ring. I had dragged some large dead branches out of the woods and was very slowly using my bow saw to get it into managable lengths. The guys had a chain saw, so they cut up the rest for me.




So, tonight I cooked out....Italian sausage and onions and peppers. The only problem was the wood they brought me was very green sycamore. There's no way that wood was going to burn. The stack of wood I had gathered was seasoned, but because of all the rain the last few weeks it was a slow process to cook my dinner. I think I'll see if the local state park sells seasoned firewood.
.
It's back to work tomorrow. I hope 100 people come to visit the refuge.
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment