.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, June 25, 2009

And the heat goes on....

It's been two more days of temps in the middle 90's with high humidity. Yesterday, I worked on repairing the ripped awning with my ever ready roll of duct tape (not sure if it's duct or duck).

Today, just before seven in the morning, the electric went out. I checked to be sure it wasn't just me. Turns out the whole refuge was effected. So, after about two hours, I turned on the generator as the temps were rising again. I needed to run it today anyway, so I did for about two hours. By that time, the electricity source was back on, and I switched over again.

In the afternoon, I went to Chilcothe for some groceries. Daniel called later in the day, and he is on his way to visit for a day. He should arrive about the time I get up in the morning (6 a.m.). I also noticed, this afternoon, that Emma is having issues with urination. After e-mailing a friend that is a vet, she suggested that maybe it is a urinary infection. I guess I'll have to try to find a vet locally tomorrow if her distress continues. It seems there is always a challenge to deal with.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment