.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wonder Woman…Ha Ha

IMG_3444
So, here was the problem.  The top hinge on one of my kitchen area cabinets had pulled out, and there was no way of tightening the screws into the wood any longer.  My neighbor, Jim, suggested breaking toothpicks and stuffing them into the too large screw holes.  I took his advice,…
IMG_3446 IMG_3447
and this was the result.  A nice tight fit, and an even hanging cabinet door.  Wahoo!  It didn’t take me too long to do this repair, but I did have to stand on a stool, and the screws were a full arm’s reach for me above my head.  I know you guys out there are thinking this is no big deal, but for me, it was an accomplishment!  Wonder Woman!!!  :)

Several days ago, while I was outside with Emma in the evening, a pretty strong storm came blowing through the valley.  I noticed my female neighbor across the way running around frantically, and trying to roll up her awning before the winds ripped it off.  She was also on her cell phone at the same time.  It turns out, she was trying to call her husband, who was fishing, for instructions on how to roll up the awning.  She had no idea.  Her teenage son was also nonplussed.  He went back inside the trailer.  :(   I went  over and asked if I could help.  In no time at all, we had the awning safely stowed.  I know there are “blue chores” and “pink chores”, but don’t you think both members of a couple should know how to do the other’s chores, just in case?  Her remark was “Wow, you must have done this before, thanks!”  My response was “No problem, just paying it forward.”

I’m really no Wonder Woman, but do you think it would be alright if I got a Lone Ranger type mask and a cape just in case?  :)  (Of course, you won’t find me walking around in brightly colored tights!…Ugh!)
7-28-2010 055I leave you tonight with the wonderful double rainbow from a few nights ago…thanks to the photographic talents of my friend, Jim Smith.

Thanks for stopping by….talk to you later,  Judy

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your "fixes." Good for you!!
    That is an absolutely gorgeous picture!! My compliments to the photographer!! :-)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Judy. I'm a gonna try this and see if it works. You might be Wonder Woman, but I feel like a dummy sometimes when it comes to computer stuff. Congrats on your cabinet repair. Us gals can usually figure something out, even if it is to ask a guy! LOL. Your rainbow pic and the sunset one are, as usual, spectacular. We move to Estes Park tomorrow and hopefully it will be cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the chores issue. From time to time when we pull into the CG I tackle the hook-up chores outdoors. It is important for both partners to know how to connect utilities and so forth. Like you said...just in case! I made sure Bruce knows how to operate the W/D too....but now I don't let him do it. I like the way I do it better. LOL

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire me that someday, if necessary, I, too, can travel solo. I don't like to do the outside RV chores, but I'll do them if it means that I can continue to use my RV.

    I know that I'm new to your blog, but have you posted about what type of RV you have and how you made that choice?

    And, oh yes, I'll look for you in your cape and mask along the road!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great fixes today!!..good for you, Wonder Woman..and I totally agree with you on the pink and blue chores..the awning always kind of scared me..I did manage to learn how to put it away but I think in my next life?..I want the automatic ones that roll up when the wind blows!!..gorgeous rainbow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you- Wonder Woman of RV's ... you and Robin Williams would get along just fine in his next movie? You could fix all the things he bungles up? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grteat job,Judy, I found that a cordless drill, a roll of duck tape, and a small bottle of Gorilla glue are necessities in an RV, plus a smal box with all the small assorted screwdrivers pliers and wrenchs, with that you can fix most anything that breaks unless of course you need RV parts. I also keep a spare storage compartment door holder, you know the things that keep the door from falling on your head. since they have a tendency to break occasionally, and they come in a package of two, when you only need one.Hope you and Emma are enjoying your days Idaho. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the "fix". I hope that I will be able to do all the blue and pink jobs once I am on the road. Thank you so much, you my inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you did a great job on the cabinet. So glad you were able to help your neighbor out in a bad situation. Everyone should have knowledge about how things work on their RV. You never know when you might be in charge!

    We think you would make a great Wonder Woman with your side kick Emma the Mighty Dog! LOL

    Stay Safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how good it feels to "fix" something! I have been following a number of single women out there and it has given me the courage to do some of the things I was going to let sit forever, (as in waiting for Craig to do it!)

    Now if only my back were more flexible and my knees allowed me to kneel!

    We shall overcome! Glad you were able to help the other woman do a "blue job."

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it wasn't for toothpicks our front door would be laying on the front porch.

    They work great and are right up there with duct tape.

    ReplyDelete