.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Such a bargain!

Have you ever rented one of those rug shampoo machines?  I have not, but I think they’re at least $25, and then you have to buy the soap and stuff and wrestle the machine around yourself.  In the almost six years I’ve owned this rig, I’ve never had the carpet shampooed, and believe me it needed it. 

There was an announcement on the park website that the library and card room would be closed today at 4:00 to have the carpeting cleaned.  The person that set that up also said that the shampoo company was willing to do carpets in rigs on the same day.  (Years ago when I attended my first Escapade Rally, the going rate for getting your rig’s carpet shampooed was $100.  I thought that was too much, so I passed on that opportunity.) 

The company that was coming to do the work normally charges a minimum of $100 for each call, but the person setting this up was able to negotiate a lower rate since a number of folks had signed up, and the cleaning crew would be in the park anyway to do the library.   I’m sure glad I signed up for this.

The total cost for doing the carpet and two five foot runners was $29.80!   Such a deal!  It wasn’t all roses though.  I was originally told that the guys would be here probably around noon, but that there was an 11:00-3:00 window.  Well, I ended up being second to last on the list so they didn’t show until after 4:00.  Emma and I had sat outside since 11:00 waiting.  I had given the rig a good vacuuming in the morning, and I didn’t want Emma shedding all over it before they got here.  I was getting a little ticked by the time 4 o’clock rolled around, but I just reminded myself that I was retired and in the bigger scheme of things it was really small potatoes. 

The guy that led the two man crew was surprised that almost everyone paid cash.  With such reasonable rates, why not?  It was this company’s first time in the park, and they assured me that a better window of time would be set up if they returned.  I’m happy with the results, although it would have been nicer to be at the beginning of the list so the carpet had more time to dry before the sun went down and we had to come inside.

IMG_1282

I did take this shot of all the flowers right past the edge of my patio.  It’s really a ‘blooming’ carpet out front.  Seems so odd to me in February.  I’m not complaining though…

A friend, who wishes to remain anonymous, has also sent me another photoshopped picture.

oakley2

I’m thinking I like this one better than the other one.  It not only has the background of the poker shoot, but I actually have a waist in this picture! Open-mouthed smile  Haven’t had one of those in eons!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

38 comments:

  1. I really like that new picture of "you" I noticed how young and well built your were immediately. I used to have to rent carpet steamers every 6 months and still had all kinds of dirt and allergens in the carpet. I never want any rug I can't wash again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that picture of you all dressed up with your shootin' iron. I think you should use it on your Christmas cards. :cD

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...$29.80 is an excellent price. Wish that company was where we are sitting. Our carpet needs done badly!
    The picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing price for cleaning your carpets.
    Love your new picture !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I would say you got a really, really good deal!! I have healing blisters from using my carpet cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great price. We rented a shampoo machine before we left and it cost 35.00..Plus, I am not sure it did that great of a job. Our Hiker has a very light carpet, but we have taken great care to keep rugs everywhere. After using it 8 years, it was in need of something. It sure does feel good to get it done, doubt that we will do it again though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is a waist...ha! ha!
    The blooming carpet is so pretty! We don't get color like that in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that photo of all the flowers with the mountains in the background. That's a pretty nice lawn you have there.

    We only have a small patch of carpet in the bedroom, but it never fails when one of the cats has to hack up a hairball, they run for the carpet. Years ago we found a small rug shampooer that actually fits in our closet. It wasn't very expensive as I recall, so it might be something you could consider. It works well and is always available for those emergencies. (like when I stepped on some red play dough and ground it into the carpet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picture this little Judy Oakley, armed and ready, at the doorstep of her rig. Anyone with muddy boots who dares to walk across her nice new clean carpets will get a load of buckshot headed their way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo... definitely Christmas Card material ;-) If I had it to do over, I'd never have carpet in our rig... way too much trouble to even attempt to keep clean. I, too, think you got a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this picture of you. Make it your profile picture. The "outfit" is much better. That is an unbelievably good price on carpet cleaning but it is a shame it was still wet when you had to walk on it. Too bad they didn't come back on another day so they could do the ones after 3:00 earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice poster and it is not even a wanted picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great deal on the carpet. Love the photo, Ms. Oakley!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great deal indeed ... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outside carpet of flowers, as I'm sure you do ... and your inside clean carpet! Cool beans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Jealous! I really want our carpet cleaned. Would love a bargain like that. And you are right....we have to remind ourselves to be patient and wait. Not always easy to do, is it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. $100. to clean an RV carpet sounds crazy to me. I paid that to have 3 rooms and a hallway done. Oh well at least you did get a great bargain on it.

    I love the new card your friend made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have follow this blog that is very nice to read you can follow us at :- There are Macau Local Tour many of such services and Macau Day Trip ticket booking centers available

    ReplyDelete
  19. travel at the best part of design I love to go at the best of Manhattan jet ski rental and Ellis Island jet ski tour

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have read this site many times and I likes very much about the imperial view of Jet Ski Tours Manhattan. Truely It's has awesome features. No one could guide as like New York city tours. If you may have some itersting plan to holyday trip, It is the only agency which gives you awesome features at ease

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing, awesome blog !

    ReplyDelete
  22. This was the most popular place ....nice post, i like that day trip to agra

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have fascinated after reading its daily blogs and its stylish frothy website about the elevated view of New York city tours and truly its NYC Bachelorette Party looks awe-inspiring. I have personally inclination of NYC Team Building. If you may have a holiday plan to visit in USA above board it is gives you a maverick flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice information glad to read. This will help people to book his train ticket reservation online. tatkal irctc

    ReplyDelete
  25. Inside YouTube video introduce script you can similarly stipulate parameters planning to your trust like width, stature or significantly periphery tones.

    Craft Beer

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for your amazing features. You have an awesome blog. Keep it up.

    - gustavo woltmann

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice post.Thanks for sharing this in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. Salkantay Trek is the alternative to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu was recently named among the 25 best Treks in the World, by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Interesting and useful post for us. Thanks for sharing.
    PNRR status
    Train running status

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the post.
    Guaranteed moving comfort with House Movers London

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for your grate information and keep sharing for your articles.

    Plan your holidays with this free printable calendar

    ReplyDelete