.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Belle Oakley??

First off I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions about Deep Brain Stimulation.  I’m not jumping into anything half cocked, but I am looking for a solution. 

I think it was last Sunday that I got an email from Gypsy with a picture of me attached.  She was forwarding it from a friend of hers known as GC. 

belle oakleyShe had photoshopped it using a picture of my face, and entitled it ‘Belle Oakley’.  Ha!  What a hoot!  It inspired me compete in Tuesday morning’s Poker Shoot on the air gun range.  We’d had quite a storm on Sunday with very high winds and rain.  I had the slides pulled in all day and was still rocking and rolling.  I looked out the kitchen window at one point and saw one of my tire covers take flight and travel half way down the steep bank at the end of my patio.  Luckily, the back strap was far enough up the bank that I could just reach it without falling down.  I did get pretty soaked on that mission, though.

Anyway, Tuesday morning I headed out to the range in the very chilly temps.  I was determined to make a good showing.  Well guess what?  I was the only one there.  Bummer!  I did a little practicing since I was there, but only got off about a dozen shots before my fingers were too cold to pull the trigger.

When I got back to the rig, I checked the park’s activities website and found that a change of date had been posted over night.  Rats!  Guess I’d better learn to check things early each morning.  Well I’ll try again next Monday, but you can bet I won’t be wearing a dress!

Today was the Annual Membership Meeting at Jojoba.  You had to be there by about 8:00 in the morning to register.  The meeting was scheduled for all day.  Disappointed smile  OMG!  I don’t mind short meetings, but all day??  Members were voting for three new Board of Directors positions, and four candidates were running.  There were also three propasals being voted on.  As it was my first Annual Membership Meeting, after taking Emma out I grabbed a quick breadfast and headed out.  I didn’t want to be late.  Little did I know that a continental breakfast was provided.  I’ll know better next year.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I thought one of the board candidates was pretty full of himself, so I chose not to vote for him.  Guess I wasn’t alone in that decision because he was soundly beaten; only garnering about half the amount of votes as the other three candidates.

Thanks to the outgoing President of the Board, my new next door neighbor, all business was taken care of by noon.  I did not participate in the beef stew luncheon nor the wine and cheese gathering to celebrate the new board members later in the afternoon.  Four hours of socializing in a big crowd was enough for me.

Tomorrow I’ll be helping with the annual maintenance of the air gun range.  All those targets and posts need to be repainted, and I gained quite a bit of experience painting posts at Tamarac NWR.  Just give me a paint brush and stand back!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

33 comments:

  1. I can see you are really getting into the gun range, soon you will be hitting moving targets:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture. Looking forward to a real one with with your own hat and gun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Funny! You'll be posting one of the real you soon.... along with a bullseye target!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of you. Now you just have to surprise everyone and show them your trick shooting style.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is great. Working work the Feds I was sick to death of meetings by the time I retired. Not sure I could handle 4 hours. Have fun painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is great. Working work the Feds I was sick to death of meetings by the time I retired. Not sure I could handle 4 hours. Have fun painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome picture, one reason we are nt crazy about the co-ops is all the socializing, but you will work your way around it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go Belle Oakley! I'm sure you have a few tricks up your sleeve!
    Have fun painting today.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you made the right decision on locating there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the Belle Oakley photo!!! Our annual meeting is Saturday and like Jojoba Hills, we have four people running for three positions on the board--I am one of the ones running.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that you are getting involved. . .I'm sure there are plenty of projects to keep you as busy as you choose to be. . .keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got a good laugh out of that photo!
    Looks like you're finding plenty to keep you busy there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, you are a "Belle Oakley" for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you probably have way more energy than I have and don't mind all the activity, meetings, work sessions, etc. I don't think I could ever live in that type of atmosphere - I'd have to hire a social secretary to keep everything straight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are enjoying JoJoba. Getting involved is an excellent way to meet your neighbors but four hours of socializing might do us in too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute photo you should copy it and pass it around to the eligible dinner date material:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crikey ..... Belle Oakley, aye?? Way too funny!! Lookin' good, Belle!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picture, Good luck on the air range

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL at Gypsy's picture. Too terrific! Now you just have to live up to the honor. And you must get the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL at Gypsy's picture. Too terrific! Now you just have to live up to the honor. And you must get the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahahahahahaha!! Love you as Judy Oakley!! Seriously, I think we all should take a class in firing a weapon and the safety measures that go with it..Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Next we'll be hearing you're going on to sniper training... :cD

    ReplyDelete
  23. That photo of you is hilarious. We also got some big winds here in Big Bend overnight on Sunday into morning, with gusts registering around 50 mph -- yes, we were rockin' and rollin'.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now it is easy to take in rent sports car Dubai price becomes cheaper for all travelers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So are you putting down roots? No more travels/volunteering? You are my hero (I too have an essential tremor.). This place seem VERY nice, but will you move to Canada for cooler temps when it's 116?

    ReplyDelete
  26. In these days there are lots of Flight companies which provide you flight services but these companies much charge as provide to their services and another hand our company Cheap Flight Expert provide you all these VIP services with cheap rates which is affordable for everyone, through our company’s packages you can enjoy your family vocation and business meetings with their your whole staff.Our platform update every second and you can book their flight online through our website www.cheapflightexpert.co.uk. You don’t worry about hotels reservation because our company Cheap Flight Expert provide you hotels reservation services in whole world Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America and Oceania.All popular beautiful destinations also including in our company’s services and enjoy all the destinations with cheap rates.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So make sure you truly apply all that you learned today to quit smoking.satta king

    ReplyDelete
  29. We presenting you one of the finest shooting gun games of 2021. After playing this amazing new gun shooting games you will forget all other offline gun game. This new sniper shooting games have amazing hard levels by playing this offline gun game you can improve your shooting gun game skills.

    Offline Shooting Game


    Robot Fighting game


    Offline Shooting Games


    car parking games


    gun game

    ReplyDelete