.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The results are in

Back at the beginning of September, I entered five photos in the Tamarac NWR annual Photo Contest.  Some of you may remember my submissions.  The final vote was taken on Sunday, and today I found out the results.  I was very pleased.

Where's Mom?

                                                                         “Where’s Mom?”

                    This was my entry in the Wildlife category, and it received an Honorable Mention.

IMG_3705

                                                                   “Pelicans in the Mist”

                                              In the Scenic category, I earned a Third Place ribbon.

IMG_7978

                                                                       “Damsels in Caress”

                    And, finally, in the Nature’s Abstract category, I garnered a Second Place finish.

Considering that photography is just a hobby for me, and this was the first contest I ever entered, I was thrilled to be recognized at all.

DSC_0760.NEF

                                                          “Meanwhile, back at the cabins”

To top it all off, my daughter Robyn submitted this photo of the two grandgirls that was shot during their visit at Tamarac in July.  Robyn earned a Second Place standing in the Recreation category!  Cool beans!

I didn’t know what she had titled the photo until today, and I had to chuckle.  You see, we visited those early settler’s cabins before the girls had their imaginary drive, and during that time four year old Phoebe asked what happened to the people living in the cabins.  We had to tell her that eventually they died.  She thought about that for a moment, and responded, “Meanwhile, some of them lived, and some of them died.”  It was the ‘meanwhile’ from a four year olds mouth that brought that memory back to me.

This morning, I packed everything up and left Casa Grande RV Resort for Imperial NWR.  It was an interesting journey of 200 miles.  I’m too pooped to talk about it tonight, but suffice it to say that I made it here.  The minor trauma along the way paled to finding out the results of the contest.  I will leave you with tonight’s hot sunset taken from my site however.

_MG_1232

                                                                             THE END!

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

44 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning awards in the photography contest -- your pictures deserved awards. (Robyn's, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I would never guess you're an amateur by those photos. I especially like the photo your daughter took, it's like an old fashioned pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs are always so good and the captions just perfect, so I'm not surprised that you won those awards. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Judy! Awesome pictures.
    Hope you get settled in at Imperial NWR soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have to get your autograph, you're famous!!! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Those pictures are beautiful but then ALL your pictures are beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! All of those pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the awards. Love the little chicks! Becki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always felt that you were an award winner! Congratulations! It is so nice to be affirmed by others.

    ReplyDelete

  10. WOW....CONGRATULATIONS....THOSE JUDGES KNOW A GREAT SHOT WHEN THEY SEE ONE..... AND IN SEVERAL CATAGORIES ........THAT IS " COOL BEANS " !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you they were all great photos! Hope you settle in okay at the new place:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats1 to You and Your Daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to be recognized for your excellent photography!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and good job with those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your recognition!!! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your photos. All your photos are great.

    I received a new Vermont Country Store catalog today and they have the Sponge Candy in it again. It's going to be hard to keep from ordering some. I guess I could make some again but mine is so hard I'm afraid I'm going to break a tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to both you and your daughter. The photos are all excellent and you deserve the wonderful results that you both received. Well done!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to you! And to your daughter! You did GOOD!!! Home the minimal trauma is over and done with now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoo hoo and we were with you when you got those damsels. Congratulations!!! That sunset looks very promising for your new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We here in blog land think you should have won a first place! Congratulations, it is great your skill with the camera was recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  21. they were all wonderful shots. Congradulations. You have brought much pleasure to many eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations ... recognition of hobbyist photos I think mean a lot. I know I'm always tickled pink when one of my photos garners attention. Did I miss your impression of Casa Grande RV Resort? Or you have you not written them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on your photo entries!! You always have incredible photos that you share on your blog. Also congrats to your daughter on her entry. Thanks for sharing all the photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats, Judy! They all looked like winners to me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations. Your pictures are so amazing, I can't even imagine how they found anything that could beat them. You are definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, Judy! Sandie and I commented about your photography skills. Your photos are always beautiful. I'm not surprised at all that you got recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well done, both of you! That sunset looks promising!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! great pictures one and all ...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, Judy, Congratulations! That's wonderful, but no surprise. You take fabulous photos all the time. Which we all tell you - but being recognized officially, well - that's even better! Good job!

    I'm glad you made it to your final destination, and am looking forward to future posts and pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on the recognition of your work with a camera. Your readers already knew you did good stuff. Glad the judges agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like photo of the two girls best. They are adorable. The damsels are very lovely and unusual to my eyes. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations!!!!!! Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats, I can see even more camera gear in your future:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well, congratulations. All those photos are winners in my book. Can't wait to see what you submit next year.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Judy, so happy for you in receiving these awards with your photos! Great job and what a fun experience! Glad you are safe in your new location.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on the photo awards and a beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  37. For some reason my comment on Tuesday didn't register. Just wanted to say great job on the photos & it goes to show one does not have to be a professional photographer to come up with great photos. Keep up the good work:))

    ReplyDelete
  38. Outstanding news- they are all great photo's! Glad you made it to your new post.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Judy, I posted some not-so-good photos to my blog this morning, of what I think might be a Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow. I surely would appreciate you taking a look and giving your analysis. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  40. YAY Judy, I thought your photos were amazing so I'm thrilled for you that they did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great photos Judy...Emma must be proud of her momma.

    ReplyDelete