.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Monday, January 9, 2012

Just Chillin’

I spent most of the last two days taking care of normal chores, reading, and doing a jigsaw puzzle.  Emma and I are pretty well ensconced here for a few months, and we’re getting our groove together.

IMG_5579

It was a nice little sunrise yesterday with only a touch of fog.  The chattering of cranes on the savannah would have made it perfect, but since there’s no pond in this area the cranes aren’t seen or heard near the RV sites. 

_MG_5587

That pileated woodpecker made a brief appearance right outside my window yesterday.  Don’t you just love that topknot?  Kind of like a red Mohawk. 

_MG_5598As we did our constitutional today, I found several different mushrooms along the way.  I remember seeing this variety in the coastal area of Washington a few years back.

_MG_5602

I’m still in a quandary about what to do when I leave here around the middle of April.  My latest idea is to spend the summer in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Seems to me I change my ideas and plans almost weekly.  Who knows where I’ll end up. 

Talked to my daughter, Robyn, today and it looks like she and grandgirl Avery will fly from Chicago to visit for a few days toward the end of February.  I’m really looking forward to that.

IMG_5607

A front with the possibility of strong storms is forecasted to move through the area tonight.  I hope it goes a bit north of me, but it could be that I’ll be up in the middle of the night to pull in the slides.  The area needs the rain.  The wet pine savannah isn’t very wet at all right now.  The drought isn’t as severe as in Texas, but the normally wet areas here are dry.  I’d say it’s not been too exciting for the last few days.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

26 comments:

  1. Sounds so peaceful where you are. I love the red top too. Very cool looking. Just great pics you take. Emma must be having a ball walking with you and getting her nose filled with new scents. Lucky doggy. Careful tonight. Hope you do/don't get rain. yes they need it but it can be kinda scary listening to a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your opening photo would be admired by Ansel Adams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead and pull in the slides...go to bed and chill. Enjoy the quiet and get the camera ready for tomorrow! I loveeee Woody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos. Go ahead and chill out. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about deciding where to go. I have several routes saved on Google Maps trying to figure out which way to go. It's been windy all day in Port Aransas, if you get this wind, you will prob need to put the slides in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody says you have to rush around or do anything... Enjoy!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful header photo!

    Consider humidity in the Blue Ridge Mountains... just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photo you have of suvannah. Your lifestyle is very interesting too me. Wish I could do that. Will start too see where you are. Hello and my name is Shirley from Whidbey Island, Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sunrise looks so pieceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Plans, what plans? If I don't change them, something happens to change them for me. Great woodpecker picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your doing-nothing-day pictures are great! You got a great shot of that woodpecker. I don't like their pecking but I sure like to watch tehm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved that woodpecker's top knot. Maybe you could start a new fashion trend if you wore your hair like that. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully you don't get any bad weather.

    We're also planning for this summer...and as of right now may head up to Washington DC. We're like you though...things may change. That's the beauty of this lifestyle though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The green glow in the header photo is very mysterious. Do you have any idea what it could be? I'm thinking fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the bird karma. I have stalked those woodpeckers all over Florida and never could get a really good picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A few short showers this morning and less fog. Probably about the same over where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for the wonderful photo's. Thank goodness we don't have to follow through on the first plan we made!

    Just BS! (Bob and Sue)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just have to be in the right place for pileated woodpeckers, There all over the place at the Lake where we camp. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like a great way to spend a couple of days. We always change our plans several times for the next phrase. Then we often do not completely do what we settled on. I love that:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have those very same mushrooms on our property in Ontario:))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nothing wrong with 'chillin' for a little bit - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a good place to be for the winter months. We are planning to do a major trip, maybe two years, down the road a ways, and we'll need to find a good winter hidey-hole! Thanks for your nice comment to Suzy on her post last night!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved the mushroom photos. I too have trouble deciding where to go, there are so many wonderful places that sometimes too many choices makes it harder to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  24. as usual stunning pictures. Now as far as April.generally very nice in st louis at that time of year. and we have the wolf sanctuary, busch wildlife center, etc in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How nice that your daughter will be making a visit. I'm sure you are really looking forward to that. Love the woodpecker pic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pictures as usual. Just take one day at a time. You will end up where ever you end up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete