.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Billy Thibodaux's Premiere RV

With an early knock on the door this morning, I was informed that they were going to move the rig out from under the huge canopy to a full hookup site.  All that remained for work on the rig was a test drive to make sure everything was up to snuff.  I scrambled to get everything put away, and pull in the slides.  It only took me about 15 minutes, and I was ready. 

 

After the move, and about an hour later, Billy came by and asked me to join him for the test drive.  It’s the first time I’ve been a passenger and not the driver!  For the test drive, he made his way to a propane filling station so I could get the rig’s propane tank filled up.  How cool is that?  I’ve been running off of the main tank since I’ve been here, and knew I’d have to stop somewhere along the way to Mississippi to have the tank topped off.  Now, that’s taken care of.

IMG_8696

The test drive went well, and when we returned I did a load of laundry to be sure everything with the new washer/dryer was in order.  It worked like a charm and didn’t shake the rig to bits like the last one did.  Just before lunch, I went in to settle up the bill.  I’m glad I was sitting down at the time!  :)  Actually, with everything I had done, it turned out to be right about what I expected, and it turned out that if I wrote a check, about $200 was deducted from the bill as opposed to using a charge card or debit card.  Of course, I wrote a check.

56 On the way to Mississippi3 Here’s the happy crew of Billy Thibodeaux’s Premiere RV.  Some of the guys were already gone by the time I took these pics, but you can see my main man, Corey, in the center.  He did most of the work on my rig.  Donna and Helen, the office crew, are in the top left.  Billy and his wife, Helen are in the bottom left, and, Lady, the official welcome committee is on the right.

 

In the afternoon, I snuck out to do some much needed grocery shopping.  First, I stopped at Don’s Specialty Meats in Scott, LA, to pick up some local favorite meats that I put in the freezer.  My stomach can’t handle them yet, but I sure wanted to try some Boudin and a few other things.  I had to pass on the Cracklins, but I’ll try them the next time I come through here.  I was gone about two hours, and that was about my limit for today.

 

After closing hour, I had an appointment to meet with Corey’s cousin, Colby.  He helped Corey with the installation of the fridge.

IMG_8704 IMG_8705

Colby is a freshman at the University of Louisiana with a major in Industrial Technology, and had asked me on Tuesday if he could interview me.  For his English class, he has to write a compare and contrast essay on his home life and someone with a totally different home life.  I guess I fit the bill for that.  :)  We spent an enjoyable hour together, and I think he’s kind of excited about the fact that no one else in his class will be interviewing an RV fulltimer!

 

My plans for tomorrow are to hit the road shortly after nine, and drive about 160 miles to Mississippi Sandhill Crane NWR.  I’ll have to forego my trip to New Orleans for now, but I’m just not up to much sight seeing at the moment.  I hope to spend a few days recuperating at the refuge before my next volunteer assignment begins next Tuesday.

 

Thanks for stopping by…. talk to you later,  Judy

24 comments:

  1. Good to hear everything has turned out to your satifaction. Also glad your feeling better. looking forward to your next stop at the NWR in Mississippi. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time spent healing is time well spent...You have lots of time to sample the great tastes of Louisiana....Stay safe...and warm..we are not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a thousand years ago when I wrote a compare & contrast essay for Freshman English Comp. I got an "A", and I hope Colby gets an "A" as well. He should, because he certainly has a good subject!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better!
    Look like nice people for sure at the RV place!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knows, an interview for a 'compare and contrast' essay today could well lead to a 'Birdlady of Blogland' interview with Oprah tomorrow:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still jealous about the Sandhill Crane reserve! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess we don't bounce back as fast as when we were kids!

    Did you ask Colby to send you his write up? I think it would be fun to share with all of us.

    Drive safe, and get a bit of rest. New Orleans will be there for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well we all know that Colby will get an A!!!..interview the birdlady of blogland is a guarantee of a good grade!..glad all the repairs are done and the bill didn't send you into a coronary!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you must have really caught a big bug to keep a gal like you under the weather for such a long spell! here's hopin' you make it all the way tomorrow and can rest up good and well before you start your next time of volunteering for all the birdies out there!!!

    sure hope we all get to read about that interview! that cute little fella will get an A~we all know it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colby will certainly have the most interesting interview for the essay, He will no doubt get an A. It would be great if he sent you a copy.

    Glad your feeling better but don't over do until your 100% - Safe travels tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your RV repairs got an "A" and I'm sure Colby will wow his Prof with his essay on your lifestyle and he'll get an "A" too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Maybe we'll see you in Mississippi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like your motorhome is feeling better, and that you are starting to feel better, too. That's nice that you were willing to be interviewed by Colby. Who knows, you might have opened his eyes and his professor's eyes to another lifestyle possibility. I'm relieved that you paid your bill, but what are you going to do with all those pencils? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see you'll be on the road again, and Bless you for helping Colby with his studies, with you as a subject it will be a crime if he isn't awarded an A for his efforts. Be safe out there , give Emily a pet from all of us. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post Judy. Good of you to submit to an interview when you are not feeling the best. Safe travels and we do hope you are feeling better soon.

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. "On the road again!" Wonderful - take care of yourself, you are important to us and all your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great report! Your service team gets an A and Colby will get an A. (With you as his subject, that's a given!) Here's hoping you're in A+ shape very soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We marked your dealer on our map as a *good place* for future reference. Perhaps you would also want to add a positive review on the website www.rvservicereviews.com

    It will help out future RVers who might have a problem when travelling in the area to hear that they treated you well.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad all of your work they did turned out so well. We have a regular apt sized washer and dryer or stack pack in our fifth wheel and we sure love ours. Hope you get over your bug soon. Looking forward to your wonderful pictures of the cranes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bet Corey actually will enjoy writing his essay. Glad you are starting to mend and your RV is now in tip top shape.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad it all worked out well. It may have taken a while, but you know what? Having it done in that part of the country probably makes it worth while. I love the friendliness of those folks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Judy,

    I am glad you are vertical and accepting fluids.I hope you will take the time to post a review at rvservicereviews.com and tell others of your good experience with this RV service company. It looks like they did a nice job on the installation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All in all a pretty good day. RV worked completed in professional manner for a price that did not over stress the system and you ended up with an interview that will help someone out. Next, the paper will be highlighted in the local news and you will be invited for an interview by the local TV station. Not to mention you are feeling better!

    Could a run for president be far behind. Have a safe trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad To hear you made it. AND YES I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW THIS BLOG WORKS!!!! I can install a refrigerator in a day but need a week to figure out how to comment on a blog!!! You have a friend for LIFE!!!! I hope i see you again either to visit or in a campground!! Cause I love state parks or anyplace with trees and wildlife!! I will email you colbys report when it is over. We went on our weekly friday lunch and he told me how amazing the interview went and that he was luck to get you!! NOBODY will have a home like you do in his class!! You are AWSOME!!! HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY!! TELL SWEET EMMA HI!!!

    ReplyDelete