.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Friday, October 23, 2009

Clean up day

After a frosty overnight, I decided today was a good day to clean up the RV. Emma and I took several walks around the park, and in between, I worked on vacuuming the floor and the ceiling, tightening the upholstery borders around the seats at the table booth, and generally wiping down all surfaces for dust. Not very exciting, but necessary. I also changed the sheets on the bed which is always somewhat of a workout.

Emma was able to spend several hours outside on top of the picnic table surveying the area. I prefer that when I'm vacuuming. The sun was shining and temps got close to 60.

There are a few pictures I included today, that I took yesterday.
After hiking around Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks NM yesterday, I continued five miles down the gravel road to the Veteran's Memorial Scenic Overlook.

What a fantastic view of these mountains and valleys.


There still are a few wildflowers blooming along the roadsides. I have always loved these particular flowers. Somehow they always remind me of strawberries.

.

Tomorrow, my plan is to visit Bandelier National Monument. It's not that far away, as the crow flies, but because of the mountains and valleys, it will be a drive of around 70 miles to get there.

.

Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment