.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The word is out!!

I guess the location of my bird feeders has been spread around the raccoon population. Now they're not even waiting for the cover of darkness.

The first stop is under the feeders that are hanging on long pieces of rope or string so the squirrels can't get to them.
The coons sift the seed hulls through their front paws looking for missed morsels.

Time out for a scratch!
Then, it's up the tree trunk to the feeder that they can get their hot little hands on. This is one of the young from this year. It's sibling was too shy (so far) to venture in this close.
Since I didn't put any seed in that feeder today, the young one headed back for the safety of the woods.
.
I guess I can report that there is an abundant, healthy raccoon population on this refuge. I'm thinking I may not fill that feeder any more that is within their reach. We'll see.
.
Thanks for stopping by....talk to you later, Judy







No comments:

Post a Comment