.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Flat Stanley is heading home

_MG_2550

Hi Everybody!!  I’m Flat Stanley and I came to Jojoba Hills, California, to visit my Grandma Belt.  Can you see me hanging on to the handle by the door of her rig?  She lives fulltime in her motorhome.  Some people think she is homeless, but she’s not.  Her home just has wheels to take her places across this country.  She is spending this winter in California.

I guess I have to tell you that she’s not my real grandma, but my friend, Not-So-Flat Avery, said she would adopt me as her grandson while I visited.  If you look closely at this picture you can see two other things in it that are important to this story.

IMG_2547

The most important one is that I made friends with Emma the Dog!  Can you see how happy she is to have me sitting with her?  She’s funny!  She smiles by sticking her bottom teeth out.

_MG_2558

The second important thing is that I got to help Grandma Belt drive her golf cart around.  Did you see it behind the motorhome in the first picture?  Well, when I got behind the steering wheel, Emma the Dog told me that she was a little nervous about me driving.  Ha!  I fooled her.  I didn’t hit anything as we made our way each day…

_MG_2564

… to the dog park.  Emma the Dog gets to run around without her leash here, and take care of ‘business’ if you know what I mean.  Smile with tongue out  Poop patrol isn’t much fun, though.

IMG_2571

One day we went on a real adventure to find the Sea Serpant Dragon in Borrego Springs.  Oh boy, was it ever big!

IMG_2572

That’s me and Not-So-Flat Grandma Belt standing under it’s fire breathing mouth!  I decided to call this dragon Puff.  Grandma knew why as she used to sing Puff the Magic Dragon.

_MG_2517

Another day, I had to go to work with Grandma.  Our job was to stop people from driving on a road that was being paved in her park.  Lots of people wanted to drive right through, but we didn’t let them.  Their cars would have gotten stuck in all the new hot tar.  We were the safety patrol.

_MG_2565

Taking Emma the Dog to the park every day, being on the safety patrol, and talking to Magic Dragons was a lot of hard work.  So, a couple of times we went to the pool to relax and ‘catch some rays’.  (That’s old time talk for sunbathing.)

_MG_2567

One day, I even got to go in the hot tub with the guys.  That sure felt good.  They knew all about Flat Joey and his travels.  I figured out that many grandparents do.

Now it’s time for me to travel back to Dyer, Indiana.  I’m thinking that just maybe I can come back again  when Not-So-Flat Pheobe (Avery’s sister) is in second grade.  In the meantime, Grandma Belt wants me to tell Avery, Phoebe, and their Not-So-Flat Mother that she is very excited about them coming to visit in March.  Say hi to Puff for me, and if you’re really lucky you might get to help drive the golf cart too!

 

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

P.S.  Since I don’t have a printer, this is the only way I could think of for getting the story I was supposed to write about Flat Stanley’s visit to Avery’s teacher.  Hopefully Robyn can print it off and give it to her for me.

30 comments:

  1. Flat Stanley's adventures continue ... looks like he got to learn life is not just about having fun, but you have to work hard too. A good lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story.... I think Flat Stanley's adventures will be very well received back in Indiana. Grandma Belt... you were a great host.... you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Flat Stanley! You had a grand adventure at Grandma's house! It all looks like fun, especially the dragon and playing with Emma! Oh and driving the golf cart too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good grandma--great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this story and so glad you don't have a printer so we all got to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story Flat Stanley has to tell I'm sure the kids are going to really like it it will be the best one I bet you... I really like your new home it looks so nice and cozy with your golf cart in your shed your patio... great

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your adventures with Grandma Belt Flat Stanley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the Flat Stanley story. Thanks for putting a great big smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun times with Gramma Belt exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometimes posts written by visitors make us all smile. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grandma Belt, you are so clever! Great story and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to have a man around the house, er, RV. Looks like you showed him a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure a great story which will bring high praise and marks. Now we know that you have other great talents besides taking wonderful pictures, writing child books or making us young at heart laugh

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love Borrego Springs. Glad Flat Stanley got to experience it. Safe travels back home Flat Stanley.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great flat-guy post! I enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool beans, as Not-so-flat-Judy might say! Can't wait to get a chance to take a Flat Stanley on our travels!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Boy these flat folks sure do have a good time when they come to visit you. Glad to see all is well there in your retirement spot! Bet Stan's glad you didn't have any motorhome repairs he should help with.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those flat people really get around. I would think when they get older they will be not-so-flat fulltime RVers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We had a Flat Stanley/Adam one year too what fun for the kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day

    Big discounts Wolf Online Cabinets

    ReplyDelete