.

.
Borrego Springs, CA

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Taking care of business

One of the advantages of my present location at Jojoba Hills SKP Park is that RV service businesses come to you rather than you having to drive to them.  I’m taking full advantage of that fact.  Yesterday, I had someone come to do the ordinary maintenance of the rig’s motor… oil change, filter change, grease job, etc.  He also suggested a few other maintenance items like transmission and brake fluid changing.  I usually have this stuff done in Scott, LA, but that’s a far cry from here. 

IMG_1043

Tonight’s pics are of areas around the park.  There are six ponds scattered around, and each has a place to sit and rest and enjoy the scenery.

He also noticed a slight exterior leak of engine coolant.  I was not surprised, as I’ve had to top off the coolant quite regularly.  He was surprised that I knew that.  He’ll be back Friday to take care of that and the fluid changing.

_MG_1800

                                                                 One of the two dog parks.

Today, a two man crew came to give the rig an exterior spa treatment.  It had a good wash and hand applied Carnauba wax.  I don’t think the rig has shined like this since I got it.

_MG_1804

Dog park from the top.  See that pine tree in the top right hand corner?  It’s the Verizon tower.  Verizon pays the park $20,000/year to have it here.  Sweet!

Thanks to Rick’s suggestion, I was able to get a new face for my cracked I-pad.  I called the place up on Sunday, and they came to the park to pick it up.  Then on Monday, they delivered it back to me good as new.  The cost was $140 including pickup and delivery.

_MG_1802

                                                               The view from the dog park.

After the mechanic left on Monday, I headed down to the office to hand in my application for membership.  As I suspected, I’m #21 on the list.  One of the things that I like about this park is that when you turn in your application you agree to put in volunteer time here.  There are some paid employees, but I gather that most of the upkeep of the park is done by its volunteers/fellow members.  I’m thinking I might like the landscape committee that keeps all the ponds and greenery in tip top shape. 

_MG_1807

A view of Friendship Hall from a parking lot.  That’s where the pool and hot tubs are along with the saunas, craft rooms, gathering hall, tennis and pickle ball courts, work out room, and mail boxes.

I’m thinking since no workmen are scheduled for tomorrow, it’s about time I gave the pool and hot tub a go. Winking smile

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

25 comments:

  1. That is so cool that they came and got your ipad, fixed it and brought it back to you. That's really nice, not having to make the drive. Mobile RV techs are the best thing since sliced bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the I-pad. Sounds like a great place that you may be calling home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't complain much about this place all that come to you service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your IPad is back in business...whew!
    I just love it when the maintenance folks come to us! Nothing like a grid wash and wax to spruce things up.
    Love the pictures of Emma......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you giving the MH some TLC. It'll appreciate that! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The park looks lovely and with all the activities it will be a great place to hang out! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really nice park - I haven't seen it, but have heard about it. Great location, too. Isn't it nice to have the rig washed and waxed? I did that when I was in Yuma, and I'm still enjoying it. Makes me keep it clean, too. :) Good job with the iPad. That's not a bad price considering they did the pick-up and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of the volunteer time. It keeps the residences invested in the park. And yes...the landscape committee is the perfect fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy this really does seem like a wonderful spot with all the services and amenities of the park. Makes life easier. I can see why you would turn in a membership application.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wayne put rubber sealant up on the RV roof last fall and when we had that big storm the other day it peeled and slid right off the roof. Rubber everywhere in my flower bed! We prepped it the way the local RV place told us to and when he went in to return the one gallon we didn't use they were nice enough to refund him both gallons. I think it's time to pay someone else to do the work like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep seems to be a great spot for getting things done...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can feel your contentment in your post! Congratulations on getting the iPad back in service so quickly--what would we do without Rick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Someday, if you settle there for part of the year, I expect weekly birding expeditions to be planned. There are some nice parks within reasonable distance. Not everything is dry and hilly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure looks like a great park with nice views. Glad to hear you got your iPad fixed with personal delivery service no less.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you got all those things accomplished. That does seem like a nice park. You will enjoy volunteering to work there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that you seem to be enjoying your down time, and getting a few chores out of the way. . .excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where did you get the iPad repaired? I might send mine to them by mail!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that is cool that people come and do things right there! sounds like you are having a great time and getting the rest you deserve!!! Looks kie a great place to be...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh, pool and hot tub -- sounds wonderful. Hope they're as good as they sound.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks like a great place to spend some time. Hope you move up on the list quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks like a great place! I hope your wait isn't very long. I like the volunteer thing too...great way to meet people too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We use mobile techs but never are they from the park. Great you were able to get so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you are becoming attached to the park:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That park is gorgeous! We loved the time we spent there last year. It is just close enough to our daughter who is in Menifee. But we loved the town of Temecula.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice Post. Thanks for sharing this in Your blog

    ReplyDelete